Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2020, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Popping and Crackling - the next thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
High latency plugs on the master have been an issue. I don't think there is delay compensation on the master. Try putting an aux in front of the master - route everything to the aux and put the plugs on the aux. Then aux output to the clean no plugs master. There are a couple of videos out there re this setup and additional benefits.
That's what I was referring to by thinking about an additional track, yes. Thanks for the confirmation. Very much appreciated! Thanks for your notes on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I realize this is wordy, but I try to break things down for folks that have less experience as a side benefit.
Don't worry, absolutely correct. :) This topics are not only for us but for all, otherwise we wouldn't need to put it up into a message board. And since I do not consider 20-30 years audio and video engineering as "unexperienced" , I do not feel misunderstood or offended by that. I think it is very useful to break it down clearly for all. And sometimes even for the experienced something pops up which has been overseen before. Nobody is free from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Just in case this matters, be aware that(in Pro Tools), we consider a plugin to be either ON, on but in bypass, or inactive(where the plugin is grey'd out.
And here we are! Guess what, since we use a greyscale mode for the sensitive color grading monitors under certain circumstances (do not ask *facepalm*) I didn't realized that I have mixed the correct hold key while mouse action commands between bypassing (blue) and disabling (grey). Hah! And yes, I was actually referring to "disabling" but in fact I only thought I would, but I actually only "bypassed" them...

But nevertheless, both issues (master fader + pre aux fader for listening and the confusion of bypassing/disabling) are useful informations for thoose who work on a dozen different editing software and maybe mix things up sometimes. Thanks for your break down.

Let's wait another week or so if some more points come in and then I would write a sum up for the OT so that other users can follow the steps in this case if it helps.

@all - please take care and stay safe!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 10/20 Core(s) - 64 GB Ram - ASUS Mainboard X99-E WS/USB 3.1 (LGA 2011-v3) - Most hard drives SSD - AVID Pro Tools (Native) - AVID Media Composer Ultimate - AVID Eucon artist series - RME UFX audio interface with integrated Midi interface - ADAM Audio - HEDD audio - Brauner - Klark - Scheps - Neumann - Furmann - Sennheiser ...

Last edited by dgdsu; 05-29-2020 at 10:23 AM.