Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2013, 11:45 PM

Default Was a solution ever found?

I installed Pt10 on my Mac with the Ilok that came with pt10 as well as an extra one I tryed & I keep getting "error..missing ilok authorization for PT10"

I realize this has been asked, & ive read through TOO MANY forums trying to find the solution & I can't seem to find one. Has one been discovered yet?

www.newliferecordsllc.com
Old 03-17-2013, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Was a solution ever found?

The single biggest cause of this seems to be

A) The user never registers the software with Avid and as such the iLok asset never gets sent to their account. And donloaded to the iLok. Make sure the asset or authorization is actually on your iLok. To do that you need to.

B) Make sure that you have a iLok account. That this was the account information that was given to Avid in step one. Make sure that the iLok is synced and recognized to that account. In order for the iLok and Pro Tools to function you need to.

C) Make sure you have the latest iLok Driver and Client software installed from iLok.com.

All three things need to happen.

There shoud be a yellow registration card that came with your purchase. This number should be registerd at Avid.com

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Was a solution ever found?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
The single biggest cause of this seems to be

A) The user never registers the software with Avid and as such the iLok asset never gets sent to their account. And donloaded to the iLok. Make sure the asset or authorization is actually on your iLok. To do that you need to.

B) Make sure that you have a iLok account. That this was the account information that was given to Avid in step one. Make sure that the iLok is synced and recognized to that account. In order for the iLok and Pro Tools to function you need to.

C) Make sure you have the latest iLok Driver and Client software installed from iLok.com.

All three things need to happen.

There shoud be a yellow registration card that came with your purchase. This number should be registerd at Avid.com
In some versions of PT the card with the serial number on it for PT is a purple and black credit-card sized piece of plastic with the Avid logo on it.

Like you said most people don't realize the steps they have to go through with PT. And the iLok that comes with PT may is usually not pre-authorized and people think just install PT, plug in the iLok and they're good to go. Russ at ProTools Expert I believe even has a video for rank newcomers to help them install PT.

QAPLA!