Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM

Default Re: AVIDs Website is the most confusing site I have ever browsed

This is the kind of BS I'm talking about!
Go to register my 003 and it can't recognize my user name in the Support Center.
Can't get password because it says I don't exist
Try to make new account, and it says email/user name already used!!!!!!????
Well, here goes my first or 2nd complaint to the new thread!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Careful, as evidenced by ongoing "battles" at no less than 4 other music/tech forums, Jack loves to engage in this.. eventually quoting Ted Nugent, Rush Limbaugh, and the US Constitution; all to suit his needs. Cubase, Macrumours, Motu, DP.... he is on all those sites stirring up the same pot. "Sex, Guns, and Rock and Roll" seems to be his motto... when not being a nerd. I know this is off topic, but I am going to try to ignore him.. maybe he will move onto Reaper.
For once, I am going to listen to 25ghosts!!!! ff

PS, 25Ghosts.. spelling does count when the one doing the spelling criticism misspells ..... criticism! A rare exception to your rule!!
You are so wrong it's pathetic. I never have quoted Rush Limbaugh, but what if I did? None of your damn business. So I quote Ted Nugent - got a problem with that? The correct quote is actually a title from one of Uncle Ted's books: "God, guns and Rock and Roll". So what's so bad about quoting the US Constitution? It's part of the legacy of a country I'm proud to be a citizen of. And I've never been on any Cubase forum.

There are other musicman691 posters out there that are not me. But then again you probably won't believe that.

QAPLA!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
And I've never been on any Cubase forum.
Sorry bout that... scratch Cubase.. add, TCelectronic, Recording.org, Cakewalk, Mlan, etc... which is fine. It's just that bringing your politics to this sort of Forum is lame. Particularly after seeing the controversy you leave in your wake, elsewhere. 5 minutes with google tells it all.
This is an International forum. A music forum.. And this one in particular is a "PRO" forum, meaning that most of us make a living with audio. When a hobbiest makes insulting and inflammatory (possibly racist) remarks, well, it is completely out of place. It is very distracting. What does the NRA have to do with audio? Why bring those flags in here? This is not the place.. it just incites this kind of banter.
You may not realize it, but you embarrass a lot of us from the US. But I am confident that our international PT bro's don't hold your poor taste and social ineptitude against the rest of us. ff
Old 07-30-2010, 12:49 PM

musicman691, This is my first post. I've done a lot of reading here though. I too got around in the digidesign site a lot better. Need help in avid's site and I'm not new to browsing the net or corporate sites. There are a few confusing sites out there.

Your list of www3 web pages are the best help so far for me trying to see a list of my downloads and product keys I had purchased. I got all my downloads, but my internet connection was so slow I figured to come back and get the keys. Didn't know things were so mucked up that it would be impossible to find. When I use your links and click on support and downloads it takes me in to pdf files. Still can't find any of my downloads. Is anyone else still having this problem? Am I still doing something wrong? Do you have anymore digidesign links? Does anyone else have any www3 links? I would appreciate all help provided. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomania View Post
musicman691, This is my first post. I've done a lot of reading here though. I too got around in the digidesign site a lot better. Need help in avid's site and I'm not new to browsing the net or corporate sites. There are a few confusing sites out there.

Your list of www3 web pages are the best help so far for me trying to see a list of my downloads and product keys I had purchased. I got all my downloads, but my internet connection was so slow I figured to come back and get the keys. Didn't know things were so mucked up that it would be impossible to find. When I use your links and click on support and downloads it takes me in to pdf files. Still can't find any of my downloads. Is anyone else still having this problem? Am I still doing something wrong? Do you have anymore digidesign links? Does anyone else have any www3 links? I would appreciate all help provided. Thanks in advance.
Glad you were able to get some use out of the links I provided. Sorry I don't have anymore www3 links to provide.

QAPLA!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:37 AM

musicman691, thanks for your reply.

Anyone else find other ways to get back to pages I described in my previous post? I'm looking for a listing of my downloads and their products keys. If anyone has figured out how to find them either on the old site still, with www3 or on the new site any kind of way please post back. I appreciate any help provided.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomania View Post
musicman691, thanks for your reply.

Anyone else find ... I'm looking for a listing of my downloads and their products keys. ... I appreciate any help provided.
Well, it's in the Avid Master account.

Go to "My account" (top right of Avid HP) and sign in. This will lead you to the WebSite where u will find all the required informations:

https://www.avid.com/US/account/accountinfo

At least that's how it is working over here. Using Safari 5.0.1.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 08-17-2010, 09:30 AM

They aced it again!

Trying to read up on the new 8.1 release:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...939&NewLang=en

"For more information about Pro Tools 8.1, please see the following page in the Products / Pro Tools / What's New section:

* Pro Tools 8.1 Announcement"

Yes! Click the 8.1 Announcement link and you get the "What's new" page without any info on the 8.1 release!

Christ, buddah and allah!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 AM

It might helpful to know www3.digidesign.com its the old archive. Yes Avid needs to fix its website, I have found better luck asking my 3 year old what I need. If that doesn't work I will ask google. which from what I can tell the frameworks setup for avid.com are only for documentation and not for keywords found on the site. You can search for a word that is on the page your searching from and it will not find it. Have you taken the survey that pops up if your on the site long enough? What are they renting the site from an ad agency???
Old 08-20-2010, 05:55 AM

I totally agree. The new website is a total mess. I used to enjoy taking a 5 minute break to refresh on something, get some info on Digi's website. Now I find myself frowning my face every time I need to go there, and waste half an hour just trying to find things...

https://linktr.ee/sergius128