Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 05:35 AM

Default A couple questions from a Logic Pro user

I have recently got an Mbox2 having used Logic for a while. My 2 questions are:
1. Is there a freeze function in Pro Tools LE? In Logic you can freeze a track to free up resources if you have a number of plugins in use.
2. In Logic if I solo a track the system stops processing the other tracks. However when I solo a track in Pro Tools it still seems to process the other tracks as I get frequent messages regarding CPU usage. Is it the case that in PT LE all tracks are still being processed? I'm running maybe 8 tracks and a few compressors, reverbs, and eqs.

Oh, and how do I delete a track?

Thanks

Ben
Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: A couple questions from a Logic Pro user

1. No freeze in Pro Tools. You have to bounce the track, import it in a new audio track and set the Voice selector of your old track to off.

2. Yes, all tracks are still being processed.

3. Click the name of the track in its track channel strip to select it and choose File > Delete Selected Tracks
Old 12-11-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: A couple questions from a Logic Pro user

Just to expand upon the previous post...

1) There is no freeze function, but you can use Audiosuite to process your audio and permanently render whatever effect you're using., after which you can disable the plug-ins on the track inserts. If you think you'll need to revert to the unprocessed version at some point, simply make a duplicate playlist before you start to Audiosuite and you can always go back to the un-processed playlist at any time.

2) Logic has always annoyed me in this sense, in that when you solo or un-solo a track it always takes a few beats for the tracks to respond - not cool. ProTools does it right, I wish Logic would too.

3) Track deletion covered in the previous post, unless you're in PT7, in which case it's under the 'Track' menu instead of 'File'.