Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2022, 09:03 AM

Default 2022.10 Still getting "Saving ARA Data" constantly and other, scarier issues

When I first updated to 2022.10 it seemed like they had fixed this but it has slowly crept back and any session where I'm doing anything more than a single move or two has constant interruptions with "Saving ARA Data"

What's worse... I had a session become completely unopenable. When opening it would hang at "Restoring ARA Data." Imported tracks into a new session and was able to sort of salvage it, but it was missing seemingly random work that had been done. Some of my tuning work was still there, but others was not. And I had used Melodyne as an elastic audio mode to change the tempo of some vocals but that had undone itself somehow.

This was an important session with a big artist and this was a labor intensive pain to fix. Went from having a product the client was happy with and ready to print and send stems for mix, to suddenly having to re-do a bunch of work.

I think I'll be going back to the plugin workflow I had been using for years. Love the ARA workflow and features, but it is NOT ready for primetime.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:02 AM

Default Re: 2022.10 Still getting "Saving ARA Data" constantly and other, scarier issues

There are three things I think need to be fixed with ARA and Melodyne.

1. Saving ARA Data still needs to be tweaked. I don’t get why it wasn’t ever necessary when using the plug-in, but with ARA it has to pop up every time an edit is made and freeze things for a couple seconds. It doesn’t make sense.

2. There are major issues with tempo changes and ARA. I already created a post that has a video demonstrating several issues with ARA Melodyne when there are tempo changes in a project.

3. Make Melodyne Undockable like the MIDI editor.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 11-23-2022, 10:43 AM

Default Re: 2022.10 Still getting "Saving ARA Data" constantly and other, scarier issues

Honestly, after putting in some time with heavy edits, I completely adapted to the docked window, and actually kind of like it. But I if I didn't have a 5k display, or if I had dual monitors, it would probably be annoying.

It's the showstopping, work losing bugs that kill it for me.

Hope they can get tempo changes working as it sounds MILES better than anything else, and is a client pleaser when you get the "what if the song was 10bpm faster?" without having to re-cut the vocal.
Old 01-17-2023, 09:52 PM

Yeah. The ARA workflow is nice. I'd love it if I didn't just lose a day's work because it's not actually ready for release. Bastards.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:35 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax Productions View Post
I had a session become completely unopenable. When opening it would hang at "Restoring ARA Data."
Do you remember what was the last thing you have done before the session became completely unopenable? How many Melodyne tracks and ARA-analysed material were in this session?

Quote:
Imported tracks into a new session and was able to sort of salvage it, but it was missing seemingly random work that had been done. Some of my tuning work was still there, but others was not.

And I had used Melodyne as an elastic audio mode to change the tempo of some vocals but that had undone itself somehow.
Does the tempo of the vocals had undone after you imported it via Import Session Data to fix the unopenable session or this happened with another session? Only tempo change was undone for this clip or any other ARA edits (pitched notes etc.) was reset as well?
Old 01-18-2023, 02:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
What's worse... I had a session become completely unopenable. When opening it would hang at "Restoring ARA Data." Imported tracks into a new session and was able to sort of salvage it, but it was missing seemingly random work that had been done. Some of my tuning work was still there, but others was not.
Hi Dax Productions,

If you still have that session around (opening which results in the hang while 'Restoring ARA Data'), please log a customer case so that the support team can pick it up and pass to the engineering, we'll make sure to look at it asap once it's in the database.

Thank you