Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Default Re: CRC errors?!

I would say that's a bad idea. That error is there because the fault tolerance of the console is not where it needs to be, and there is a problem. Fix the problem and the errors go away. What happens if that snake is having trouble and it goes out middle of a show? will you say "well it was working the last time"? Get things fixed when they break, and then the redundancy built into the console (which is there for a reason) will do it's job.

It's like driving on your spare for more than 100 miles... do you get it fixed or keep driving?
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core, 14gigs of ram
Macbook Pro w/Retina Display, 2.3Ghz i7, 16gigs of ram
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM

Get that mug fixed, yo!

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 06-28-2011, 12:46 AM

If it means cutting the snake at half then... no :) been like that for a year and we never lost audio, just this box popping up at times and it's annoying.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Avid

Is your snake visibly damaged in the middle? If not then you don't have to cut in 1/2. You may just need new BNC connectors. Maybe one has been strained. You may not be able to see this. New BNC connectors and tools are cheap compared to any other alternative. Do you always see this on the same snake (you have 2 right)? Do a little troubleshooting to see if you can narrow it down and then I would suggest replacing the BNCs if in fact the rest of your snake appears to be intact.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Avid

Hi,

Quote:
just this box popping up at times and it's annoying
If you see the warnings once at a particular gig, then there could be something about the environment that is affecting the snake transmission (such as inductive coupling from other cables that happen to be in use).

If the error message is common and appears at multiple gigs, in multiple different concert venues, then it's clearly a sign that something is not right. Perhaps the cable being used is out of spec, and it's right on the edge of its performance. Either way, do not ignore repeated CRC error messages.

Sheldon
Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 PM

So the cable got split to two 75m pieces and @ Sonisphere last weekend there were no errors. Sheldon, you might want to consider maybe sending a note to Klotz that they should add an note that although the cable suits Venue systems the max lenght should be not the max Avid supported 150m but 75m. Again a link to KLOTZ pdf flyer where they say Digidesign Venue systems
Old 02-14-2014, 10:03 AM

We've had our Profile for two years with no problems. We're running 2 coax snakes, proper ratings, etc. Just recently we've been getting the CRC error message. I realized I connect a PoE device and the cat cable was running along with the snake. I've since disconnected the device and tried all other troubleshooting with no success.

We live in a very dry climate. Is there any chance static electricity could have an effect on the Snake interference?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbctech View Post
We've had our Profile for two years with no problems. We're running 2 coax snakes, proper ratings, etc. Just recently we've been getting the CRC error message. I realized I connect a PoE device and the cat cable was running along with the snake. I've since disconnected the device and tried all other troubleshooting with no success.

We live in a very dry climate. Is there any chance static electricity could have an effect on the Snake interference?
For me the CRC errors have been often issues with mains ground differences, in analog system it would hum, with Profiles it will throw a lot of CRC's.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
For me the CRC errors have been often issues with mains ground differences, in analog system it would hum, with Profiles it will throw a lot of CRC's.
same goes for ilive systems. they produce error msgs (dont know the error code right now) when FOH & Stage have different power sources or ground differences.

would make sense to me if this is a power thing in comparison to an ilive.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Avid

Hi,

If this is something that has just recently started occurring it's worth checking over the cable and connectors (on the cable and the snake cards themselves). It's possible something has become worn or degraded over time, and is showing itself as data errors.

Sheldon