Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 AM

Default Downloading Plugin HELP

I'm in a pro tools 110 course at a community college, and I just got the pro tools 110 book which comes with a "PT 110 Activation Card" and says to obtain a license for your PT 110 plugin goto the avid website (account.avid.com) and enter in the activation code and pick the plugin of your choice(hybrid). It all worked well, I succesfully transferd the licenses to my ilok and Hybrid is now listed as a product license in my ilok account with expiration at never. I recieved a email titled
Avid Product Registration: PT 110 Plug-in Promo
stating
Thank you for registering your PT 110 Plug-in Promo (1), purchased on Sep 10, 2011.
Your registration confirmation number ****-*******
with a list of my information
and a registration code and serial #
with a closing statement
Congratulations on your Avid software investment.

Now the problem, at my account on account.avid.com it says under
"Your Products"
Pro Tools 9 crossgrade from LE student
Licenses: Pro Tools 9
downloads-
&
Training - 1 Free Plugin
Licenses: Hybrid
No download available. This product is a code only, or available on your purchased discs.

There seems to be no way for me to actually download the plugin onto my system. I've tried all of the option on the products portion of my avid account "Products not yet downloaded", "activate & download your product" nothing. what am I missing
thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Downloading Plugin HELP

I found this link on a another thread on this site;
http://secure.digidesign.com/service...&localeCode=en

This is what I believe you can do, providing you have the full Pro Tools installer.

Download the full 1.5.2 Hybrid installer from the link and install it. (it won't run but it will allow the full Pro Tools 9 Installer to update it)

Do a safe uninstall of Pro Tools, which should leave Hybrid intact and then, re-install Pro Tools, that should upgrade Hybrid to the latest version.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 09-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Ah okay.. Thanks for the info
Old 11-08-2013, 02:50 PM

i have the same problem like teylor, i instaled the license of hybrid in the ilok but avid seid me the same message.

i have the protools 11 academic.

i download the link of branch end installed hybrid. Now the hybrid folder is in the folder os plugins settings of protools but when i open protools and tray to open hybrid with the track instrument is not with the other plugins.

is necessary reinstall the protools?? if i do it is sure that it works??

Thanks Nico.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobondi View Post
i have the same problem like teylor, i instaled the license of hybrid in the ilok but avid seid me the same message.

i have the protools 11 academic.

i download the link of branch end installed hybrid. Now the hybrid folder is in the folder os plugins settings of protools but when i open protools and tray to open hybrid with the track instrument is not with the other plugins.

is necessary reinstall the protools?? if i do it is sure that it works??

Thanks Nico.
Hi Nico and welcome to the forum

On an instrument track (stereo) on Pro Tools the Virtual Instruments will be under "Instruments" pretty far down the list of plugins and if it ain't there, try to reinstall the Hybrid and use the 1.5 installer first.

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 AM

I unistal hybrid en re instal again starting with 1.1 successive arriving at 1.6 hybrid. But dont works in my protools.

But i open my Logic Pro end Hybrid works. what in logic works end in my protools dont work?

i tried to instal others instruments end happen the same! in my protools academic dont work but in my logic works. i dont unerstend.. help me pleas

Thanks Nico.

PD. Sorry for my bat inglish, I'm spanish.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:34 PM

I just spent over an hour getting into the same problem described above by S.TaylorRCC. I bought the Pro Tools 110 textbook at a local southern California community college, and I used the included PT 110 Activation Card to activate the iLok license for my presumably free plug-in. I chose Smack! LE, and got the license transferred to my iLok. But when I try to download my plug-in from the Avid account page, I get the same message S.TaylorRCC did: "No download available. This product is a code only, or available on your purchased discs."

I just opened one of my PT 10 sessions and looked in an insert on an audio track (Smack! LE is an RTAS plug-in). I can't find it!

How do I get my new plug-in in the list in my Pro Tools 10?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyscondition View Post

How do I get my new plug-in in the list in my Pro Tools 10?
Just download the installer and install the smack le from here:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Smack!

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM

"Just download the installer and install the smack le from here:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Smack!

Chris"

I just did that, Chris. On that page, there was no Smack! LE listed, so I downloaded and installed the Win version of Smack! for Pro Tools 10. When I tried to load it, Avid requested authorization, saying it can't find the Smack! authorization in my iLok. Is there a separate download for Smack! LE as opposed to just Smack! ? If so, why isn't it listed on the download page?

Back to square one.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:28 PM

OK, please ignore the reply I just posted 10 minutes ago, which as of now is still awaiting approval from the moderator. I've verified that Smack! is now in my plug-ins list. Smack! LE is the RTAS version of Smack!, which I discovered only after digging for 2 days and finally finding this page in the Knowledge Base http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oductCategory=

I'm still trying to figure out why Avid didn't clarify the LE suffix on the spot instead of making me look for the answer. The need seems obvious to me. And why do they force the unrequired authorization barrier and then prompt you to move the downloaded and installed plug-in to the Unused Plugins folder without telling you that your plug-in is all ready to use?

Instead of all that, they could have just said "Here's your new plug-in! Enjoy!"