Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 06:02 AM

Default Random 'Not Charging' issue with PT

For the last week I seem to have a very strange issue with not being able to recharge my Macbook Pro whilst running PT.

When a PT session is loaded and in playback, both my magsafe adaptors will register 'not charging' in the top right of the menu bar, and the LED light on the charger leads will turn green. I have a magsafe for each of my working locations - they have a very easy life and are rarely touched and never abused.

But, as soon as I close down the session i'm working on everything turns back to normal and I can charge again - LED turns red, and the lightning bolt appears back in the top right battery symbol.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I have a three month old 2.4G CPU MBP with an intel SSD, and both my magsafes are 85W chargers. PT9 is up to date as of about a month ago, and OSX is only updated as far as Avid recommends for PT.

Hmmm...?
Old 10-22-2011, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Random 'Not Charging' issue with PT

Hello: are the magsafe adaptors genuine Apple ones? I had the same problem with two non-Apple magsafe adaptors and the problem went away when I got the genuine article.
FaceBook
MySpace
Old 10-22-2011, 04:27 AM

As genuine as can be One was supplied with the MPB and the other I bought from an Apple store.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 AM

Any ideas? This is really bugging me. From the moment I open PT until I shut it down again I cannot recharge.

Does PT have any power usage settings that may have been tripped up? I'm a long time PT and Mac guy with no need for beginner tutorials, but this is a new problem for me.

I'm running an Intel SSD, and it seems the problem started occurring after fixing a disk permission error. Could it be related?