Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
My guess is perhaps we don’t need the missing FalconResources.ufs, because:

Falcon 1.6.4 included Falcon Factory.ufs

Falcon 1.6.6 replaced Falcon Factory.ufs with FalconResources.ufs

Falcon 2.0.0 in my Avid account has both Plugsound Avid Edition and Falcon Factory – so
I removed FalconResources.ufs from my UVISoundBanks

(Happy to proven wrong – ‘cos it’ll mean even more to play with!)
Ah, we might be honing in on it. I downloaded Falcon Factory again from Avid, but it was an identical file size and Date Modified to my existing one so left it be. I suspect some things were added in Resources which it is now missing for those of us who have gone from 1.6.4 to 2.0.0. Most presets come up with errors for me of missing waveforms etc. I'm not really interested in the Plugsound Avid Edition, but I just tried that in case it has the missing files in it that Falcon can resolve. Short answer - no it doesn't.

So if anyone can point to a link for this missung 1.6.6. FalconResources.ufs file, that perhaps could work for those of us with problems.

BTW, the Plugsound bank is as I suspected it would be - Workstation-like presets.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-08-2019, 04:27 AM

Here's some links to pages at UVI.com that may help with the issues here. This first link is for the general soundbanks support page: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/sec...871-Soundbanks
This one is for checking the integrity of a soundbank: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/art...f-my-Soundbank
This one is for this error message 'Error Message: "Unable to mount the Volume from '/[yourUFSfolder]/Library.ufs' (Invalid file)"' and the link is: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/art...-Invalid-file-
And this last one is for this error message '
Error Message: "Couldn't load the file '$Sample.wav"' and the link is: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/art...le-Sample-wav-

I checked and there's no public link to download Falcon 2 from UVI. And once again keep in mind that the program is now at Falcon 2.02

QAPLA!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Here's some links to pages at UVI.com that may help with the issues here. This first link is for the general soundbanks support page: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/sec...871-Soundbanks
This one is for checking the integrity of a soundbank: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/art...f-my-Soundbank
This one is for this error message 'Error Message: "Unable to mount the Volume from '/[yourUFSfolder]/Library.ufs' (Invalid file)"' and the link is: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/art...-Invalid-file-
And this last one is for this error message '
Error Message: "Couldn't load the file '$Sample.wav"' and the link is: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/art...le-Sample-wav-

I checked and there's no public link to download Falcon 2 from UVI. And once again keep in mind that the program is now at Falcon 2.02
Thanks, sadly none of those solve it for us, as there is a ufs file that is MIA. Avid / UVI need to add it somehow.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-08-2019, 05:48 AM

If anyone who got Falcon 2.0 from UVI was kind enough to let us download the Falcon factory.ufs that came with the 2.0 install we should be able to see if that resolves the problem.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubxf View Post
If anyone who got Falcon 2.0 from UVI was kind enough to let us download the Falcon factory.ufs that came with the 2.0 install we should be able to see if that resolves the problem.
Actually I can confirm that DOESN'T solve the problem It's the exact same file, date, size as I downloaded in 2018. It's this falcon.resources.ufs file we seem to need.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-08-2019, 06:26 AM

Thank you for your response i saw this at UVI and dowloaded the 2.0 manual definitely different than the 1.6 at Avid and i thought it could have been the same for the factory.ufs alas no such luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Falcon 2 install info.jpg (37.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-08-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Actually I can confirm that DOESN'T solve the problem It's the exact same file, date, size as I downloaded in 2018. It's this falcon.resources.ufs file we seem to need.
Just downloaded F2.0 & got all same errors folks have been reporting here (including the ILM "no license available" one). When I checked the files, after the update, the falcon.resources.ufs file I had previously with V1.6 was still present in Lib/AppSupp/UVI/Falcon, and as someone already posted, appears to be the exact same file as previously.
However, just on a lark, I replaced it with the older V1.6 falcon.resources.ufs file (I saved a copy before I updated) and this appears to have resolved the Falcon issues.

I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that this solves the issue for them as well.

If so, seems to point to the Falc 2.0 installer either corrupting the falcon.resources.ufs
file for the V1.6 users or , in the case of V1.4, maybe never creating the file in the 1st place??

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad

Last edited by docric; 11-08-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: additional clarification
Old 11-08-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docric View Post
Just downloaded F2.0 & got all same errors folks have been reporting here (including the ILM "no license available" one). When I checked the files, after the update, the falcon.resources.ufs file I had previously with V1.6 was still present in Lib/AppSupp/UVI/Falcon, and as someone already posted, appears to be the exact same file as previously.
However, just on a lark, I replaced it with the older V1.6 falcon.resources.ufs file (I saved a copy before I updated) and this appears to have resolved the Falcon issues.

I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that this solves the issue for them as well.

If so, seems to point to the Falc 2.0 installer either corrupting the falcon.resources.ufs
file for the V1.6 users or , in the case of V1.4, maybe never creating the file in the 1st place??
Thanks Rick, good to know it works when you have it. I've scoured my C drive and its not anywhere I can find - I never did the 1.6 update. If any kind soul were able to share a link for that resources ufs file - it is quite useless without the license after all - it would be a wonderful thing.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-08-2019, 10:22 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx43xm8s5a...urces.ufs?dl=0

Does this get ya' there?

... was hoping to confirm it works for others before sharing a (possibly useless) link...

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 11-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docric View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx43xm8s5a...urces.ufs?dl=0

Does this get ya' there?

... was hoping to confirm it works for others before sharing a (possibly useless) link...
Yay, legend! That works - a hero.

I need to correct one thing I said - I do have a Falcon Resources ufs in that Program Data folder - I was looking in the wrong folder and search couldn't find it, likely because it is a hidden folder. However, clearly it didn't work correctly or else I wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.

The existing version in my folder, presumably installed with 2.0 - is 306305 KB, and is dated 12.09.2019. This is the one throwing up all the errors. The version above kindly linked is smaller at 252000KB - its smaller yet it contains all the sources that the presets are looking for. Its very much a weird one as to what's gone wrong from UVI / Avid's end.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Closed Thread