Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Black Friday Plugin Bonanza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
That’s a great compressor. Flexible. You may have seen me explain it elsewhere before, but the Analog dial isn’t a Noise control, it selects emulation types.

So far 1 seems very API 2500 to me and 3 seems very V-Comp, complete with the lower “nominal” level. Watch out for that, it’s not easy to directly compare without messing with the other controls. I know 2 isn’t the PYE although it’s quite close, I expect it may be the SSL, while 4 might be the Fairchild or 76.

I hope it’s the Fairchild because H-Comp has flexible ratio, attack and release times!!
I've seen your explanation here before and thanks for the repeat on that. I do have 670 and1176 emulations from IKMM so it'll be interesting to hear how they compare. And I do have the Waves SSL bus comp but not their API2500 - I've often thought about getting that.

QAPLA!
Old 12-27-2018, 08:44 PM

Sorry if I'm beginning to sound repetitive. I just never know who's read my posts, or seem to remember who Ive mentioned it to. I hope I'm not getting to repetitive. My kids tend to get grumpy with me if I do this a bit too much too!! Haha!!

IK do great plugins, I have all of the T-RackS Suite minus the Leslie, maybe one day. I do love the Waves comps too. That API is really flexible with it's Knee, Thrust and Feedforward/Feeedback design. It's snappy and modern sounding, but can sound reasonably classic by messing with the aforementioned features.

Its a good one to have in pretty much any setup.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:14 PM

I've spent $8K on studio toys in the last 10 days; Pro Tools Ulyimate upgrade, Avid Thunderbolt Native interface and an Apogee AD16X, but the plugins. Just Got Lexicon PCM Native Reverb from AudioDeluxe for $250 and Waves API Collection for $52. I have went form a Native rig to an HD6 Accel for tracking and a Pro Tools Ultimate 2018 for mixing. Been a wild 3 weeks for me, but I ain't complaining!
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 01-01-2019, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
I've spent $8K on studio toys in the last 10 days; Pro Tools Ulyimate upgrade, Avid Thunderbolt Native interface and an Apogee AD16X, but the plugins. Just Got Lexicon PCM Native Reverb from AudioDeluxe for $250 and Waves API Collection for $52. I have went form a Native rig to an HD6 Accel for tracking and a Pro Tools Ultimate 2018 for mixing. Been a wild 3 weeks for me, but I ain't complaining!
Good luck with the new stuff.

QAPLA!
Old 01-01-2019, 05:48 AM

Isn’t anyone else tired of all the plugin sales here and plugins sales there ?! Always extended as developers didn’t hit their sales targets so they make up new names for the sale dates and keep going ... same same every year. I got soo many reminder emails to buy buy buy now before it’s too late and then the emails start up again saying that it’s been extended or held over for who knows how long ... ZZZzzz

How many plugins does one need and when is it enough ?

I for one have stopped buying plugins and after saving that money on no plugins all 2018 we were able to buy 3 great outboard units that will last a long time with no updates and crashes etc so doing the same 2019 and see what we save to buy more outboards instead

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-01-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I for one have stopped buying plugins
You can unsubscribe the newsletters, there are only a few that talk about stuff other than sales.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
You can unsubscribe the newsletters, there are only a few that talk about stuff other than sales.
Thanks Andrei

Have unsubscribed to 20+ websites now and if I miss out on a ”great deal” I am sure I will get the info I need from the DUC as many of you post the best deals here with links which is greatly appreciated

Happy New Year to You and Everyone else here !!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-05-2019, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Isn’t anyone else tired of all the plugin sales here and plugins sales there ?! Always extended as developers didn’t hit their sales targets so they make up new names for the sale dates and keep going ... same same every year. I got soo many reminder emails to buy buy buy now before it’s too late and then the emails start up again saying that it’s been extended or held over for who knows how long ... ZZZzzz

How many plugins does one need and when is it enough ?

I for one have stopped buying plugins and after saving that money on no plugins all 2018 we were able to buy 3 great outboard units that will last a long time with no updates and crashes etc so doing the same 2019 and see what we save to buy more outboards instead
To be honest... a little bit.

I too am trying not to spend any more on plugins, save for updates. It's the no-brainer sales that tend to catch me out. I'm doing better though. I haven't bought anything at all over Christmas.
Closed Thread