Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 AM

Unhappy My Macbook Pro keeps spitting out my Avid Pro Tools SE disc without even reading it

I bought Avid Vocal Studio; which comes with an M Audio Microphone and Pro Tools SE, and my Macbook keeps ejecting the disc straight away :/
I've tried updating my macbook, but nothing's changed
Old 12-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Default Re: My Macbook Pro keeps spitting out my Avid Pro Tools SE disc without even reading

I'm having the same exact problem. I installed my drivers for my M-Audio Fast Track C400 and got that running but now I try putting in my Avid Pro Tools SE install disc and my macbook pro Mac OS X 10.6.8 just tries reading the disc and immediately spits it out without any trace of it being actually read. Really frustrating and have been trying for about an hour now to figure it out with no luck. I've tried putting the install disc in with my interface connected and also with it unconnected.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 PM

Default Re: My Macbook Pro keeps spitting out my Avid Pro Tools SE disc without even reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicohyla View Post
I bought Avid Vocal Studio; which comes with an M Audio Microphone and Pro Tools SE, and my Macbook keeps ejecting the disc straight away :/
I've tried updating my macbook, but nothing's changed
You dont' have any other software that is grabbing control of the superdrive do you? e.g. no virtual machine software running?

Can you try this disc on another Mac or a PC to see if it reads?

Does that happen for any other DVD-ROMs? The disk may be damaged, the drive may be faulty. Check out lots of other discs, including CDs and see if they all work/play OK. If the drive looks suspect with other media, you should do the standard Apple/Mac troubleshooting step of resetting the NVRAM and SMC and see if the problem goes away.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379 and http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Darryl
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You dont' have any other software that is grabbing control of the superdrive do you? e.g. no virtual machine software running?

Does that happen for any other DVD-ROMs? The disk may be damaged, the drive may be faulty. Check out lots of other discs, including CDs and see if they all work/play OK. If the drive looks suspect with other media, you should do the standard Apple/Mac troubleshooting step of resetting the NVRAM and SMC and see if the problem goes away.

Darryl
I have no virtual machine running, my install disc works fine on my dad's PC, other CDs work in my macbook pro, and I reset my NVRAM.

Whenever I put the install disc in my macbook pro (Mac OS X V10.6.8) it simply spins around in the laptop and spits it out without giving me any message or anything. I can't find any way to download it on the internet through activation codes (there is a code on the plastic sleeve the disc came in)
Old 12-25-2012, 02:16 PM

I've tried everything you mentioned and the disc continuously just spits itself out. Macbook pro 10.6.8, meets all the requirements.

This is the free Pro Tools SE 8.03. That comes with the M-Audio Fast Track C400
Old 12-25-2012, 02:28 PM

I suggested a lot, including trying on another computer. What exactly did you do and what was the result of each test?

Darryl
Old 12-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post

Darryl
I uninstalled and completely deleted all files for my vm ware fusion.

Other discs are read by my computer normally.

I reset my NVRAM, no difference.

I also tried my friends pro tools se disc and it did not read either.