Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2019, 01:03 AM

Default Dolby Atmos mapping to objects troubles

Using ProTools 2019.5 and Dolby Atmos Production Suite 3.0 I have problems opening Atmos sessions. It can not map to objects saying "the current session has an output bus mapped to this output and it may not be remapped to an object". I have tried to import originals setting, restore from session, delete unused buses etc

What more can I do to clean it up? Atmos without objects it is pretty useless...:)

Best/Rune
Old 06-04-2019, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos mapping to objects troubles

Without actually looking at your rig, it's hard to be sure, but I suspect problems in your I/O page.

Obviously check the Dolby templates to make sure those are working on your system.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos mapping to objects troubles

Hi Rune,

I have a short knowledge article on the developer.dolby.com site about this message.

https://developerkb.dolby.com/suppor...t-be-remapped-

However this is usually seen within a session and not opening one. Just to be clear is this seen when opening a session and not importing a ADM BWF as session data within and existing session?

If this is seen when opening a session, I'd advise creating a new session with a track with no input/output assignments, clearing the bus page of the I/O settings completely. Saving and then trying to reopen the problematic session. See if the problem persists.

Again this is usually seen within a session mapping an object on a bus this is already assigned as a track output. This should be cleared out when opening a new session.