Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-13-2004, 04:43 AM

Default advice on my new studio configuration

hello i write from spain. implanning on putting on a new studio with pro tools but as always the money is the limitation, i want to have something powerful but simple and without losing all my money, i considered the digi002 but it only has 4 mic pres and i want to do professional projects with at least 10 to 12 mics plugged in at the same time so i think i need a bigger system.
id really appreciate if someona can advice me about a good and professional pro tools configuration which would be not so expensive, i thought about control 24 but then id like to know wich other pieces of equipment (interfaces, etc) i would need and the aproximate cost or another option of just the protools software with the mics plugged into another console (a digital yamaha for example). in studios where there is no control surface where are the mics and instruments plugged??anyway i hope someone can help me, please gimme your opinions and your help will be truly appreciated, im a llitle confused as you can see
Old 01-13-2004, 05:33 AM

Default Re: advice on my new studio configuration

Hello Juan, if you don't need to go above 12 mics, you could still get the 002 and add one of the many 8 mic pre units on the market which connect via the ADAT input. That would give you 12 mic inputs and 4 spare line inputs on the 002. And if you have a dat machine with mic inputs and an SP/DIF output, you could add that to give you 14 mics total.

Possibly not the most elegant way to do things, but I'm sure many people work that way. I would think once you've got it all up and running it wouldn't be too hard to handle - you just set it all up to track your instruments, and then you're controlling it all from the screen.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Re: advice on my new studio configuration

thank you very much. could you please tell me the name of some of this extra pre mic units or a website to find them and also can they conect to the digi 002? also if you have an idea of how much would a basic system with the control 24 cost? and finally if i conect this things into the digi 002 can i use the digi 002 faders to control for examplo from 1 to 8 and then switch to 9 thru 16 for example? thank you very much