Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Hey guys..PC question from a Macian......

Hey my vocalist has a PC and wants the Pro Tools FREE. Do you know if I can download the PC version from my Mac...burn it to disc and install it on his PC? He has 56k hook-up and I have a faster hook-up. Also, what's a good not too expensive card he can use to record his guitar and vocals? We're planning on using it so he can record riffs and parts at his house, whenever he has a idea...which is far from mine....and send the mp3's-vice-a-versa...
thanks....
Old 02-12-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Hey guys..PC question from a Macian......

I set up my bass player in exactly the same way - downloaded & burned the software from my Mac & then installed it just fine on his PC. Then I got a Presonus TubePre for him & just plugged it into the cheapo sound card's line in. Honestly, it sounds better than I thought it would & he can get all his ideas recorded on his time.

For better sound quality you could use an M-audio sound card for $100-120 or so.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Do you know if I can download the PC version from my Mac...burn it to disc and install it on his PC?
Yes, you can. Download the PC version, then with toast create an ISO CD or Hybrid CD, copy the file there and done!
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 02-12-2004, 09:26 PM

Thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:37 AM

If your gunna start spending money, you might just want to consider getting an MBox. he'll have alot more fun with that.
If you don't want to spend any money. I have friends that just buy adaptors and plug things right into there computers. It works.
Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution.

X-Dreamer II
Asus K8V Deluxe
AMD 64 3200+
Corsair XMS 1024MB
WD SATA 80G Drive X2
NEC DVDRW
MBox