Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 03-05-2020, 07:55 PM

Default PreSonus vs. Behringer

Hey All,

Wanted to get the trusted opinions of our DUC community. I'm thinking of getting one of these two digital mixers:

Behringer x air xr18
https://www.behringer.com/Categories...oogtrans(en|en)

vs

PreSonus 16r
https://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-16R

I have used the PreSonus on a high-end Windows machine, but wondered thoughts/opinions, & more importantly: usage, from anyone. If you've used these or just have thoughts I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2020, 03:17 AM

Default Re: PreSonus vs. Behringer

From these two, Presonus any day
Old 03-06-2020, 08:36 AM

Presonus.

Better drivers, better software and better support. The 16R is a real nice mixer. I don't own one, but have used it and it works well. If you download the Universal Control app, there is a demo mode that allows you to play around with the mixer software. It doesn't mimic the 16R, but the software interface is the same across their line of mixers,

System Details
Old 03-10-2020, 06:58 PM

I give the Behringer a nod for having better effects, but otherwise, you really can't go wrong with either As for simple interfaces(NOT a full function digital mixer), the Behringer that I just got rid of, had a really low output(at least 12db lower than my old DIGI003 or my new Presonus Studio 1810c

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-10-2020, 07:02 PM

I am so anti-behringer, but they do have occasional good product here and there. Lately been more good ones than back in the day.

If you need a behringer compact mixer, try X32 Rack.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:15 AM

I'd go with Presonus.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-14-2020, 11:20 AM

Not sure why, but the Presonus Studio 1810c I recently purchased(new) has given me nothing but grief. I've had to revert to my old 003 rack if I want Pro Tools to run longer than 5-10 minutes
Yes, running the latest driver and Universal Control software and have disabled it completely from Windows access and made sure that Power Management was off for all USB ports, including the new PCIe card I installed with a USB-c connection.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-14-2020, 11:31 AM

This is a real No Brainer!

We bought 4 Icon Qcon Pro X units and have 32 super great working faders and many working functions for less than 2200 USD for our midiroom. Sold our Ravens as they were 3 y/o and no quality whatsoever. The new X series have greatly improved meter bridge and the G2 Pro units are superb aswell and a little lower price but the exact same function. Comes with overlays for 10 DAW’s and HUI/Mackie is flawless with PT and Live 10 which is what we use in the production room for midi work and making the song ideas

Check utube for the great videos on Qcon G2 Pro and Qcon Pro X with extenders.

You can add 3 extenders to each Main unit for 32 faders.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-14-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We bought 4 Icon Qcon Pro X units and have 32 super great working faders and many working functions for less than 2200 USD for our midiroom.
Wow, these look super cool. Can they be bolted together as one unit or are they all separate? One of these and some XS (without transport) would be cool if they weren't separate pieces on the table. And more importantly; as PT only allows one HUI device, if you have four of those are they acting as one 32 fader unit or is it only 8 faders for PT?
Old 03-15-2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Wow, these look super cool. Can they be bolted together as one unit or are they all separate? One of these and some XS (without transport) would be cool if they weren't separate pieces on the table. And more importantly; as PT only allows one HUI device, if you have four of those are they acting as one 32 fader unit or is it only 8 faders for PT?
I dont know how to tell if they act like ine 32 fader unit but they work the same way our 4 artist units did with banking and stuff like that.

You can spill plugin settings and flip the faders sand bank 1 or 8 at a time. We have one more to setup but the desk needs adjusting to fit the 4th expander. Now you see 24 faders touch sensitive working soo stable and no eucon issues even though Eucon is way more advanced. We got these 4 unots for the faders and wanted some more functions and the meters are beside each fader. Works grrrrreat s Tony The Tiger says

Got the 49 inch screen which is INSANE! We split ot into 2 x 27” super nice picture and when we feel like having way more on it we turn on the ONE BIG MONITOR and can stand 3 meters away and still see as clear as we did 50cm from the Ravens. Soo cool! And it is 5K too 1599 Dollars with conversion but was worth every cent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0B5E3736-F93E-4F9E-8666-1D5D22C0BD9D.jpg (50.0 KB, 0 views)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————