Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-07-2011, 09:47 AM

Default How do you Reamp using 11 Rack?

I'm trying to reamp some tracks I recorded earlier. I want to run a line out of my 11 Rack into my amp head and a line back in to the 11 Rack to record in Pro Tools 9. But I'm having trouble. Right off the bat, I'm not getting a signal in my head when I play the track back in pro tools. Does anyone know how to do this?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Default Re: How do you Reamp using 11 Rack?

Check out the last video on this page. Re-amping
He gives 2 examples. The first is internal reamp and the second an external reamp.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:15 PM

You do not give folks here much info on what you are really doing so people can help you.

A line back into the Eleven rack? Are you mic'ing a cabinet and using the Eleven Rack mic preamp? There have been folks posting here trying to connect the amp's cab out direct to an ElevenRack line in and just in case you are doing that please stop now and think about things before you damage something.

Have you been able to simply reamp a dry track through an Eleven Rack based amp sim? Using riginput=reamp? In the ElevenRack control panel in ProTools I would start there in term of getting things working from ProTools first. The manual covers all this stuff pretty well.

If you don't get output on one of the ElevenRack amp outs (as opposed to the mains) then the amp out routings may just be setup wrong. See the Eleven Rack control panel in ProTools those little [1] and [2]'s show where the outs are fed from.

Darryl
Old 02-07-2011, 12:36 PM

Default Re: How do you Reamp using 11 Rack?

Can you please don't cross post the exact same question in multiple threads. Its just annoying.

I suspect you are best served by reading the manual or looking at those videos - hopefully you have not damaged anything since it seems you were trying the amp-head direct into the Eleven Rack. Ouch.

Darryl