Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Do you need a FREE drummer?

Folks...

In my studio I play the guitar, bass, keyboards, and drums. I have an expanded Roland set with a TD-20 brain. I spend a few hours every other night recording but mostly trying to learn how to use pro tools more efficiently.

None the less I am also in need of some drumwork so I can get a bit better. What I am offering is my sevices for you. I only require the following:

- 4/4 time
- Credit if you publish
- Click track

I will of course record some tracks - and send them back to you. If you don't like it or need something different I would be more than happy to do that. Depending on the project will depend on the turn around time. I also can FTP large files to my server for you to collect the info back.

I have the latest PT on the Digi 002.

Len
lbj@bosh.com
Old 04-08-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Do you need a FREE drummer?

Thanks for the replies...I wanted to add a few things so folks could narrow things down.

I am not much of a Jazz guy but more of a straight up rock, blues, tech, hard rock guy.

I have a PTLE system and again - I am not affraid to try a different approach if you don't like the results. I know there are some guys that are really good, that charge good money (as they should). I need the workout, practice with PT, and some different things to play/record to. So it is to your advantage because I won't charge a dime.

I am a freindly person located in the USA and very responsive to emails. I figured if I could find a few guys to work with I am better off and they can get what they need. I appreciate all the inquiries so far.

Len
lbj@bosh.com
Old 04-08-2005, 08:22 AM

damn man this is tempting. Do you mic up the drums or do it midi with your electronic kit?
Old 04-08-2005, 09:02 AM

I'd be very willing to do the same thing, but I don't use electronic drums. I'd like to gain drumming experience and also sharpen my drum recording chops. Down the road I'd like to charge for my services (and I have in the past as a studio drummer), but I'd like to give out a few freebies to get the ball rolling.

Some more specifics: I use a custom Noble and Cooley drum kit, with a variety of Zildian cymbals, depending on the song. I'm comfortable in Jazz, Rock, Fusion, R&B, Metal, Country, Funk, Drum-n-Bass, and Hip-Hop. And yes, I can play to a click.

I track drums in my house (not in the basement, but in the living room, as the acoustics are more forgiving. Whenever the situation (or the money) calls for it, I'll track in a large rehearsal studio. My equipment includes an Octopre (w/AD card), a Focusrite ISA 220, a UA 2-610, a pair of 1176s, and an LA2A. My mic collection includes a stereo pair of Neumann KSM184s, an Audix D6, Senn 421s for the toms, an SM57 , and for the room mics a Rode NTK and an AKG 414 TlII.

I estimate that the turn around time would be about five days for a song or two.

My email: brentcn@yahoo.com
Old 04-08-2005, 09:53 AM

I don't mic the drums its all electronic. But I really work with the TD-20 for a lot of custom sounds. The TD-20 brain unit is $1700 bucks and allows you to customize EVERYTHING including mic placement, tape, heads and so on...

Like I said give me a try - it doesn't cost anything but a little time to get me the files and recieve the files.

Len
lbj@bosh.com