Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 09-26-2020, 05:56 AM

Default C24 but Ethernet enabled causes instant 9093 PT12.4

Thanks for reading.

I was running HD Native, PTHD 12.4 on windows 7pro, but due to some plugins that no longer supported win7, i had to make the leap to Windows 10.

I had an ageing computer but managed to get a stable windows 10, PTHD 12.4 system working well. I had to follow a technique of installing PTHD 12.4, but before restarting, uninstalling the PACE drivers, restarting, then manually installing the latest PACE drivers for it to work, but it worked well.

Long story short, i had to replace my motherboard and cpu etc, and ended up going with AMD over intel for the first time. So my system is now:

AMD ryzen 9 3900x
MSI x570 gaming plus motherboard
32gb 3200 RAM
Windows 10 Pro
HD Native PCI with Lynx Aurora LTHD
11 rack
C24

I did a fresh Win10 install, and installed PTHD 12.4 as before. However this time i cant playback any session without getting an immediate AAE 9093 error. The ONLY way i can remove this error is to disable WIFI and the onboard gigabyte Ethernet. Then everything works perfectly. Obviously this isnt a solution as i have a C24, can anyone offer any advice that may fix this scenario?

I dont have the money to upgrade PTHD past 12.4, or Revert back to an intel cpu like an i9 and subsequent motherboard.

I tried the trial of PT 2020 but couldnt test if that fixed the ethernet issue as the trial still requires i have a digilink license which i dont have.

Assuming i have done the normal necessary steps for optimization (which i have) does anyone have any specific ethernet advice that may resolve this issue.

Cheers.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
Pro Tools HD Native 9.0.5
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
-----------------------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro
2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 09-26-2020, 06:04 AM

Default Re: C24 but Ethernet enabled causes instant 9093 PT12.4

Compatibility info here. You just need to find money for PT upgrade if you want to use W10
Old 09-26-2020, 06:07 AM

... and update your sig if that is what you decide, very confusing now
Old 09-26-2020, 03:30 PM

Appreciate the reply. However I have had it stable in windows 10 as said above. Disabling Ethernet port seems to fix it on my new AMD build, so I’m looking for options around that specific problem. I’ve been using PT for about 20 years now, I’m actually positive that if I did indeed upgrade past 12.4 it wouldn’t resolve the 9093 error. And to purchase a pt ultimate perpetual licence and then digilink license is just not an option I’m afraid, I can’t afford it.
In windows I tried unticking all check boxes (in the Ethernets properties) except for the pro tools protocol, but that didn’t work.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 09-26-2020, 04:58 PM

You are kinda out on you own. Rarely seen PC hardware here and you have a problem running an old unsupported Pro Tools version.

You made a decision to buy new computer hardware and risk running an incompatible systems, you might need to look at monthly rental of Pro Tools Ultimate, some way to get on a supported system. Maybe sell the HD Native hardware.

You enable Ethernet and WiFi and see a problem. Disable it and works.. that does not prove your system is "OK" and it's a specified WiFi or Ethernet related thing you might be able to fix... they may just be the little latency causing problem that pushes you over the edge. WiFi is notorious for doing that. Or maybe it is a specific issue with your hardware who knows... you can exclude that by swapping hardware etc. but I'd do that after getting everything else into a supported configuration and running down all standard troubleshooting.

Is the system *fully* optimized? Every last thing done?

Have you done the basic troubleshooting in the KB for HD Native errors?

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ve-errors-9071

Have you done any basic other troubleshooting? Trashed prefs? Removed all .aaxplugin files? etc.

But ultimately getting yourself onto a supported setup is excellent advice.

Especially because Pro Tools AAE was mess for CPU related issues for many users, there were significantly improvements in 2019.5. And... you are having CPU errors on Pro Tools 12.x... getting beyond 2019.5 would be a priority for me. And I don't care at all that you had it working before. You changed hardware and are now seeing a CPU error that has hit lots of users especially on 11/12/2018, with lost of underlying causes.

But again if all that does not work then you are likely on your own, other users here are not going to be too interested in trying to help you out of a mess you have gotten yourself if you're not going to be on a close to supported configuration.

And even on Pro Tools 2020.x look up the advice on DUC for setting CPU affinity on Windows. Lots of threads about those extra optimizations for Windows.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:23 PM

Pretty unnecessary reply on the whole there mate. Very thankful for replies but less the attitude next time.

Quote:
You are kinda out on you own. Rarely seen PC hardware here and you have a problem running an old unsupported Pro Tools version.
Which is exactly why im posting, to hopefully find someone in a similar position who may have found a solution. As said earlier, PT was stable on my Intel i7 build before the 11year old computer started failing. Again supported or not it works PERFECTLY on the AMD cpu if ethernet is disabled. Im just trying to find a workaround on this specific problem with someone whos hopefully been in a similar position, or who has good knowledge about ethernet ports etc.

Quote:
You made a decision to buy new computer hardware and risk running an incompatible systems
Im aware. I chose AMD for the first time in 20years because of the general consensus that intel over the last few years has completely dropped the ball with their CPU's, making them running hotter and slower than AMD who are wiping the floor with intel in nearly every benchmark except gaming. I found that Pro tools specific builds were now offering AMD options with x570 motherboards and ryzen 9 cpus, and i found a few posts and videos of people runing specific AMD 3900x with huge improvements in pro tools. That was all enough for me to give it a go, i thought it would work and aside from the ethernet problem, it does.

Quote:
you might need to look at monthly rental of Pro Tools Ultimate, some way to get on a supported system. Maybe sell the HD Native hardware.
Yes it might be something i have to look at, although i have never liked the subscription model when it comes to software. And for what is essentially a necessary hobby, not a job providing income, i need to try and find a solution with what ive got.

Quote:
You enable Ethernet and WiFi and see a problem. Disable it and works.. that does not prove your system is "OK" and it's a specified WiFi or Ethernet related thing you might be able to fix...
and herein lies my problem with a lot of forums. People post specific problems in the hope of finding others who have perhaps been in this predicament before or someone with sound software knowledge about ethernet protocols to help troubleshoot the issue and instead receive generic responses from people who dont know. If you dont have anything to offer other than the generic system optimization, in which ive already said ive already done, then dont post. Ive already narrowed it down specific to the motherboards ethernet port, proving that everything is running perfectly when its disabled, yes it doesnt mean that its definitely that, but its a pretty good place to start dont you think? Lets start troubleshooting here, or if you dont know, thanks but dont reply.
For instance, does anyone think that a separate ehthernet PCIe card might work etc etc?

Quote:
Or maybe it is a specific issue with your hardware who knows... you can exclude that by swapping hardware etc. but I'd do that after getting everything else into a supported configuration and running down all standard troubleshooting.
So yes this is what i think. However the reason for this post, as ive said earlier, is in the hope of finding someone with a similar situation who found a work through. That is the whole point of these message boards.
I know this complete configuration works on my intel 17 2600k, intel DP67BG motherboard, however that system has failed and i made the decision to jump to AMD for the above reasons. In hindsight yes i would have probably been better going for an intel system, but there was enough evidence for me to suggest that AMD was a good option.

Quote:
Is the system *fully* optimized? Every last thing done?
Yes.

Quote:
Have you done the basic troubleshooting in the KB for HD Native errors?
Yes.

Quote:
Have you done any basic other troubleshooting? Trashed prefs? Removed all .aaxplugin files? etc.
Yes. This is exactly why i said what i said in my original post, so we could move past this.

Quote:
But ultimately getting yourself onto a supported setup is excellent advice
I agree, however i am posting to see if anyone has got themselves OUT of my specific problem.

Quote:
And I don't care at all that you had it working before. You changed hardware and are now seeing a CPU error that has hit lots of users especially on 11/12/2018, with lost of underlying causes
again, thanks for your unnecessary rude comments. Might be lots of underlying causes, lucky i narrowed it down then....
Again, why bother replying? I made a thread seeking help.

Quote:
But again if all that does not work then you are likely on your own, other users here are not going to be too interested in trying to help you out of a mess you have gotten yourself if you're not going to be on a close to supported configuration.
Not even close to supported configuration??? Im on 12.4, 12.5 is supported. Please in future just dont bother replying. Completely unnecessary comments.

My latest update is i updated the drivers for my motherboards ethernet port, the 9093 error now pops up after about 20secs of playback on 256 buffer, and on max 2048 buffer it pops up every 50 seconds or so. A big improvement as the error would happen on any session (with plugins and without) instantly with no playback before.
Again disabling the ethernet port (which obviously switches off the C24) makes PT run perfectly, instantly.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 09-27-2020, 10:20 PM

And with that attitude you are even more on your own. Mate.

Now we at least know you did a bunch of useful stuff. No way to guess that from the initial posts. And you still have not posted a Sandra report, and we have no idea what Ethernet chipset you have... you could make it easy for other folks here if you want help. Folks are unlikely to want to go look up your motherboard and work that out. Some Ethernet chipsets and driver support are awful... just really complex things, all over the place in quality.

But I'll fall back to WiFi causes all sorts of issues. It sounds like this happens for Ethernet alone... so that happens with WiFi on or off? So WiFi is not the issue? If so you may have more luck here, if you are very specific with a version of the Ethernet chipset/driver etc. you are using.

Google "9093" "Ethernet" site:duc.avid.com

turns up threads where folks are mostly just disabling Ethernet to get 9093 to go away. But may be worth going through carefully, maybe folks have had a common Ethernet chipsets causing issues.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-27-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:04 AM

Quote:
And with that attitude you are even more on your own. Mate.
What a ridiculous statement.

Quote:
Now we at least know you did a bunch of useful stuff. No way to guess that from the initial posts.
Think you need to re read the initial post. Its pretty clear. In fact i dont know how to make it any clearer.
"Assuming i have done the normal necessary steps for optimization (which i have) does anyone have any specific ethernet advice that may resolve this issue."

Quote:
It sounds like this happens for Ethernet alone... so that happens with WiFi on or off?
Ive already stated this in the original post.
"The ONLY way i can remove this error is to disable WIFI and the onboard gigabyte Ethernet"

I appreciate anytime you've actually offered helpful advice, but again for the most part its laced with snarky arse comments, completely unnecessary and ive given you no reason to act so. So if you dont want to bother, dont, thanks.

Quote:
if you are very specific with a version of the Ethernet chipset/driver etc. you are using.
It is an MSI x570 gaming plus motherboard with a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. I thought posting the motherboard would be sufficient.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 09-28-2020, 03:09 AM

It has already been said, but I think you do not understand that you are using unsupported configuration and your only way out is upgrading PT. Nobody is very willing to try fix your issue because unsupported configuration means there may not be a fix. You are on your own.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
It has already been said, but I think you do not understand that you are using unsupported configuration and your only way out is upgrading PT. Nobody is very willing to try fix your issue because unsupported configuration means there may not be a fix. You are on your own.
I do understand. I obviously cant afford it like i said, so im posting hoping that someone else is in a similar situation. Im pretty sure im not the only one using 12.4 on windows 10. Infact, i know im not. Im not after i suppose an offical fix, because i know i wont get it without being on 12.5 or above.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q