Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2003, 09:49 PM

Default Mutes gone wild!

Ok, so here's my problem:

I'm putting together snippets of music for a director to hear some ideas...basically, I place all my music on one stereo track then highlight the particular sections I'm looking for...I then option drag that selection down to another track so I can clean up the fade in/outs and add some verb on the tail end to get the effect I'm looking for...

So, now, for some reason, after I drag the selection down and mute the track that holds the original region so I can focus on cleaning up the edit, the mute unlatches as soon as playback begins and I hear both tracks?!

It appears as if the mute automation has kicked in and won't let me turn off tracks as I need them...

I've been using this method for years without encountering this problem, both in PT5 and currently in 6....

Is there some setting that I may have unwittingly changed?

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
San Diego, CA
Old 05-16-2003, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Mutes gone wild!

Hve you checked to be sure there is no automation?

Does soloing the good track work?

It does sound like you brought some automation somewhere along the line.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:23 AM

Yeah, look for break points in mutes view. Also, I would suggest using the mutes region function for what your doing. Just highlight the regions and do Command + M. Much more reliable for editing purposes. My mute automation gets funky all the time.

To be sure you kill all mute automation break points along any track that you may not see; Just go to mutes view for that track, triple click in the track with the cursor (highlights everything on the track) and hit delete. One more thing, you can also triple click in a track in regions view, to highlight all the regions in that track, and then do the Command + M on them all at once. You can also open the automation enable window (Command + 4 on numeric keypad) and selectively suspend/enable any automation for the entire session.

dk
Old 05-16-2003, 05:49 AM

Man, I saw the name of the thread and thought it was an ad for a new "girls gone wild" type video.

Damn!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:42 AM

There was one pesky break point in the mute automation screen, so that was the culprit! Feeling like a rookie right about now...should know better than to drink and edit!

Thanks for the help!

And sorry, Chonk, if you didn't find what you were expecting to see...you shouldn't be watching that garbage anyways, what would your mother say?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
San Diego, CA