Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM

Default ikmultimedia NO Support

I SENT A ENAIL THROUGH MY ACOUNT ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR A SUPPORT ISSUE ON MY AMPLITUBE METAL ON PROTOOLS 8CS3 ON MY MACBOOK INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.0GHZ 2GB RAM 160GB LACIE FIREWIRE EXT HARD DRIVE (7200RPM OXFORD 911 CHIPSET) AND MY FAST TRAK PRO (LATEST PLUGIN VERSION stand alone and rtas with update from website) ON 10.5.7 AND THERE REPLY WAS (DID THIS ISSUE HAPPEN BEFORE 10.5.7) OF COURSE I ANSWERED NOOOOO!!!! AND I WOULD HAVE SPECIFIED SO ON MY FIRST EMAIL....

SO IT TOOK THEM ABOUT A WEEK TO ANSWER (WITH A QUESTION) AND NOT GIVE ME A SOLUTION...
SO PRETTY MUCH WHATS GOING ON IS THAT THERE STAND ALONE VERSION IS GIVING ME A KERNEL PANIC EACH TIME I USE IT AnD WHEN I USE THE PLUGINS VERSION (RTAS ON PROTOOLS) IT GIVE THESE MAYOR CPU SPIKES ON THE SSTEM USAGE AND BESIDE THAT IT SOME TIMES RENDDERS UNUSALBLE THE OUPUT FROM THE FAST TRAK PRO (IT LOOSES AUDIO IN AND OUT)

SO I JUST WANT TO LET EVERY ONE KNOW (INCLUDING IK) THAT THIS IS A MAYOR ISSUE AND IT SHOULD WORK PROPPERLY WITH MY CURRENT SETUP... AND THAT IT NEEEEEDS!! TO BE FIXED ASAP!!!

COME ON IM JUST GETTING STARTED WITH THE SOPPURT AND YOU GUYS CAN ONLY COME UP WITH IS ( DID IT USE TO HAPPEN BEFORE?) !!!!!!

PLEASE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME EITHER FIX THIS OR GET SOMEONE FROM IK TO DO SO PLEASE ADVICE!!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 PM

Default Re: ikmultimedia NO Support

Well a 1st step & bit of advice is to turn off the Farkin Caps Lock

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-17-2009, 04:57 PM

ive been playing around with the plug (amplitube metal) after i installed 10.5.8 it started to work on the standalone version

but with the rtas on protools 8cs3 it only works when i set it to just one cpu
(which takes away real use of the plug) so does any one else have this same ssue?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:55 PM

Have you tried the general troubleshooting steps ?

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=147797
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Have you tried the general troubleshooting steps ?

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=147797
dont they always

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-18-2009, 06:37 AM

if been working with protools since version 5.2

ive gone from a dual g4 1.25gz 2gb of ram to a power mac g5 quad 2.5ghz 4.512 gb of ram al the way to a full blown 8 core macpro (and avery single upgrade from protools whatsoever)

thank for the advice but these are common knowledge things to do to set performance (and things not to do too) my real issue is that i spent a mayor amount of money purchasing the total bundle from ik and its not working properly (very annoyed if i may add) so what comes to mind is...

why should i set my system to only one processor (when i have 2 or 4 or 8)

they should be able to work properly on all my processor so i can take advantage of the full performance on my system

thanks again for the link and yes i have gone through the standard setup for protools...

IKMULTIMEDIA PLEASE FIXE THIS ISSUE AND ALLOW ME TO GO BACK TO BUSINESS DOING MUSIC!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Avid

Quote:
but with the rtas on protools 8cs3 it only works when i set it to just one cpu
Yes, that's what you need to do for certain plug-ins and is listed as one of the troubleshooting steps in the General Troubleshooting thread.

There are major changes in the RTAS engine that are in the works to support full use of all processors for these kinds of plug-ins. Until then, setting it to 1 processor will alleviate the errors you're experiencing.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
.........There are major changes in the RTAS engine that are in the works to support full use of all processors for these kinds of plug-ins................
Now that's what I like to hear
Old 08-18-2009, 12:55 PM

As a side note Amp sims are serious CPU hogs. As I recall my 2.16GHz 2 GB of RAM MBP would only allow one or two instances of Eleven.

Whats sort of system usage are you seeing and is it possible that Amplitude Metal is possibly a bit more than you system can handle? You also have made no mention of buffer size which can have a big effect. You not going to track a whole bunch of Amp Sims at a buffer of 64 on a notebook.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Also, with that particular plug-in, and with most if not all IK Plug-ins as RTAS, they are super sensative to background activity. If I had Safari GUI open then clicked back to Pro Tools it would through a DAE error.

Close up everything but PT, turn off airport and bluetooth and make sure you're using the latest versions of everything. Update Pro Tools to the latest cs release as well. And use and odd number on the RTAS Engine as described above, works well for me.

my 2 cents.