Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 06-19-2019, 03:46 PM

Default Feature request - trigger midi commands/data

I think Eucon and the PT Control app are fab, but as I've been diving deeper into how part of my workflow could be improved, I looked at applications like Keyboard Maestro on the Mac that can take automation and customisation to a whole new level (i.e, the ability to create an 'uber' macro that adds a track with a specific virtual instrument, a bunch of midi tracks to go with it, renames them all, routes them to a particular bus and dumps them all in a folder track (I'm on Nuendo, but I'm sure something similar could work in PT too).

However, aside from the eucon commands and internal switches, PT|Control/Eucon currently only allows triggering of keyboard commands (which could then trigger Keyboard Maestro commands); after a while, you start running out of keys as you also need to keep keys available for your keyboard shortcuts in your host app.

So, the next step would be the ability to trigger midi commands - notes, controller data etc.
This way, you have an almost unlimited amount of ways to trigger things.

It would also help composers as you could use the Eucon surface to trigger different articulations on a Kontakt patch, for example.

Is that something Avid could consider (pretty please, with sugar on top?)