Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2014, 09:36 AM

Default error missing ilok authorization

okay Ive activated my license with ilok license manager go to start protools express and get the error message that im missing ilok authorization which is clearly not true as im looking at the ilok license manager and it seems good to go. ilok light is on seems to be recognized by my computer. im usually pretty computer literate but this is just stumping me. it seems like there is enough people with this problem when I googled it but no solution lol. im lost here can anybody who has conquered this problem provide any insight before I throw my laptop out the window?

im running this with my mpc renaissance on windows 8, if you need any other info I can provide it
Old 05-23-2014, 05:42 AM

Default Re: error missing ilok authorization

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins342 View Post
okay Ive activated my license with ilok license manager go to start protools express and get the error message that im missing ilok authorization which is clearly not true as im looking at the ilok license manager and it seems good to go. ilok light is on seems to be recognized by my computer. im usually pretty computer literate but this is just stumping me. it seems like there is enough people with this problem when I googled it but no solution lol. im lost here can anybody who has conquered this problem provide any insight before I throw my laptop out the window?

im running this with my mpc renaissance on windows 8, if you need any other info I can provide it
Hi,

Just to check... when you say activated! did you actually download the auth onto your physical ilok? you have to move it from your ilok manager account onto your physical ilok before it will work.

cHRIS

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:06 PM

it seems to be on there. I cant remember what steps I used to do it as ive tried a bunch of different things but in the license manager, on the left side it shows the ilok with 1 activation. I do notice that when I go to licenses at the top, and choose to redeem activation code it prompts me to enter a code which I never received with the unit. could this be the issue there?

ive attached a couple screenshots if it helps

Old 05-28-2014, 02:43 PM

any advice?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:06 PM

still haven't been able to resolve this issue is there a customer support number or something I can call because I cannot find one
Old 06-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Avid

There's a thread at the top of this subforum titled "Pro Tools Express software - Start Here!" and it has a link to InMusic for support of the Akai version.

I think it should be a bundle with 2 licenses, but Akai/InMusic would know this for sure.

Regards,
JC
Old 06-26-2014, 10:48 AM

I'm having the same issue and cannot find any solution. Pro tools express won't open. I have pro tools express-all registered and licensed. ilok shows it is there, but I get the error message saying it is not licensed. I bought the the mac mini/m-box/pro tools express "complete recording" package from musicians friend. I have not been able to get any of it to work for months. I have had two pro tutors try to figure it out and they're stumped. Can't get any information from Avid at all. In fact it is impossible to get through to Avid support. I have an Avid account because I use Sibelius 7 a lot. My avid account profile shows I own Sibelius but my pro tools express does not show up in my product list. To get a phone number to call for service you have to purchase a service contract. I tried to purchase a service contract from Avid but the website won't let me do that either. Anybody know anything about this?