Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-22-2008, 07:11 PM

Default bounce to disk error \"audio unreadable by protools\"

I get a error after I attempt a bounce to disk "bounce to disk error unreadable by protools"

I'm running 7.3.1 on my G4 powerbook. I just recently upgraded from 6.9 and this is my first attempt on 7.3.1 to bounce.

I also tried importing the same audio into a new session (just incase the session was somehow corrupt) but I'm still getting this error.

If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Default Re: bounce to disk error \"audio unreadable by protools\"

Need more info: OS version, bounce setting specifics etc.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 PM

sure...no problem

OS X 10.4.11

Session specs:
- Attempting to bounce 8 stereo 24 bit, 44.1k WAV's to Multiple mono 24 bit, 44.1k files

Other note worthy findings are:
-when attempting to bounce to a Stereo Interleaved 24 bit, 44.1k file the following error is generated:

Could not complete the Bounce to Disk command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33.

thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 03:44 AM

1. Put the DAE Playback buffer back to 2 (if appropriate) - Set-up/Playback Engine
2. Trash Prefs/DDB's - detailed instructions are contained in the troubleshooting thread above.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 02-23-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
1. Put the DAE Playback buffer back to 2 (if appropriate) - Set-up/Playback Engine
2. Trash Prefs/DDB's - detailed instructions are contained in the troubleshooting thread above.
Yeah thanks but, I tried these steps with no success.
1. Changing the playback buffer back to 2 or 4 produced the -6086 performance error
2. Deleted the DDB's as well

Also, I've import the audio tracks into a new session with no plugins...still no success. What pisses my off is I was running larger sessions with multiple plugins on 6.9 prior to upgrading to 7.3.1.

So, before I decided to roll back to 6.9, I'm going considering increase my system memory from 1GB to 2GB ....I'm not sure this is the answer though.

Also, another option would be to buy a firewire drive to record to. Any suggestions as to what I should get (specs/manufacture name)

thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Could not complete the Bounce to Disk command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33.

I know I've seen that type of error discussed around here before, but I've never had it so that's all I know.

As for FW drives they need to have an Oxford chipset. 911,912, and 924 are all qualified. There may be others that work, but are not qualified by Digi.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:46 PM

are you using plugs that maybe aren't qualified for 7.3?
Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
are you using plugs that maybe aren't qualified for 7.3?
Is there a list of unqualified plugins? I'm using the same ones I used in 6.9 ....if I have to go out and upgrade my plugins in for PTLE then I'm through with PTLE. Besides, I tried to bounce with out ANY plugins and got the errors so I'd be surprised if that was the root of the problem

M.Brane, thanks for the info on the firewire drives. I'll research digidesign's site for more details.

thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 PM

All of your third party plug-ins will have to be updated for Pro Tools 7. Not sure why that would come as a surprise, but it's the truth. Whether you're using them or not, they are loaded and available, so it's entirely likely that an incompatible plug-in version is causing this problem.

p.s. Not all plug-in updates cost money, but if doing the research to keep your system running is too much, I'm sure you can find a buyer for your gear over in the Buy and Sell forum.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:47 PM

I'm not buying the "plug-in compatibility issue". After the upgrade I had to re-install all plugins & wasn't prompted with any compatibility warnings. Most software vendors will flag compatibility issues with prompt or warning prior to installation....you'd think Digidesign would follow suit...at least I'd hope they would.

Anyhow, I installed an additional 1GB of memory.....problem solved! ....plugins still intact.

thanks