How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2017, 11:26 AM

Default Elastic Audio AAX Not Valid

Hello -

Two messages popped up during a recent installation of ProTools 12.6.

One is an error message indicating that Elastic Audio could not be installed and that I should contact the software company. The message also indicated that the DLL iZotope Radius xForm could not be imported.

The second error message to pop up was to indicate that Elastic Audio was not a valid AAX plugin.

It was approximately 6 months ago when I had previously completed a full installation of ProTools 12.6 and to my knowledge, I had encountered no problems in regards to the Elastic Audio AAX plugin or the iZotope DLL.

Is this an isolated event or has anyone else experienced this installation error?

I have attached two screen shots for a visual reference.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: png Elastic Audio Error Msg.PNG (45.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png EA Plugin Not Valid AAX.PNG (27.8 KB, 0 views)

Windows 10
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4700M CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

-----------------------
ProTools 2018.7.0

-----------------------
Audient id14
Old 05-31-2017, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio AAX Not Valid

The one critical thing you are not telling us is what exact version of Izotope? Did you contact Izotope for help like suggested?

But if you just search DUC (or use Google) with the exact error messages, you'll likely find the answer.

Maybe like this http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338436
Old 05-31-2017, 01:26 PM

Thank you, Darryl.

I do not know the exact version of iZotope. I was just providing as much information as I know to provide. I figured that there are knowledgeable people here who could provide guidance.

Thanks again!

Windows 10

-----------------------
ProTools 2018.7.0

-----------------------
Audient id14
Old 05-31-2017, 06:12 PM

Did you get this error after loading plugins that were not made active and pro tools asked to move them to the unused folder? Does there error go away after closing pro tools and restarting, or repeating the same until all plugins load? UAD plugins will often throw similar errors when initially loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-31-2017, 06:41 PM

Hello jjnssn,

The error message appeared after the installation of PT 12.6, and I was asked if I wanted to move the items to an unused folder (I believe I answered 'No).

The error message does not appear again after a restart.

I have provided a screenshot (in this response), of the 'File Location' of where these two items are on my computer.

Also, as anticipated, I can't find the Elastic Audio plug-in when I search in ProTools file menus.

In regards to contacting Avid for support, (and I know that you didn't address this but), I did not upgrade my support plan as I felt that it wasn't necessary since my previous installation of PT 12.6 back in November 2016 was fine and I did not experience this particular problem.

I did read some other threads here in the forum, and I did try some of the troubleshooting steps that were outlined, but all to no avail.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EA Plugin File Location.jpg (17.0 KB, 0 views)

Windows 10

-----------------------
ProTools 2018.7.0

-----------------------
Audient id14
Old 05-31-2017, 06:45 PM

None of this is likely a Pro Tools/Avid issue. The error message was suggesting you contact iZotope.

Basic first thing would be to check what version you have installed, uninstall it and install a clean current version of iZotope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whole note View Post
Hello jjnssn,

The error message appeared after the installation of PT 12.6, and I was asked if I wanted to move the items to an unused folder (I believe I answered 'No).

The error message does not appear again after a restart.

I have provided a screenshot (in this response), of the 'File Location' of where these two items are on my computer.

Also, as anticipated, I can't find the Elastic Audio plug-in when I search in ProTools file menus.

In regards to contacting Avid for support, (and I know that you didn't address this but), I did not upgrade my support plan as I felt that it wasn't necessary since my previous installation of PT 12.6 back in November 2016 was fine and I did not experience this particular problem.

I did read some other threads here in the forum, and I did try some of the troubleshooting steps that were outlined, but all to no avail.

Thank you!

Got it. Ok. Have you tried using elastic audio? Not sure if this error is the same symptom, however I can create this error just by deleting the aaxplugin database file, ( I believe that is what the plugin scan file is called; located in PT preferences folder). The other thing to try to verify, move all your plugs to the unused folder, delete the aaxplugin database file in preferences, then launch pro tools, my guess is you won't see the error. Close pro tools and then move all plugins back and restart pro tools. I would expect you'd see the same or similar type of error.

Of course if you have a different issue then none of what I suggest might happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-31-2017, 07:31 PM

Hello jjnssn,

I was not able to use Elastic Audio in PT 12.6...it was unavailable/grayed out in the drop down menu.

Some good news to share is that I found another troubleshooting tip online, and I tried those steps and it seemed to work! I'll post it here in this reply so you can see it.

I read your troubleshooting tip on moving plugins to an unused folder, but only 'after' I tried the tips I just found online.

When I get more time, I'm going to check out the preferences folder in ProTools and just take a look at what's in there for this issue. I really appreciate your time in outlining your tips. Thank you!

Here is what I found online in regards to Elastic Audio and iZotope:

Hi !

I found the FIX for the :

Import Dll Izotope_radius_Xform_x64.dll can not be loaded error

Steps :

1. Download the elastic audio here ! https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...audio-plug.zip

2. Copy the .zip to your desktop.

3. Right click on the .zip and choose Extract All.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\System Plug-Ins.

4. Move the folder called Elastic Audio.aaxplugin from the extracted .zipfolder to the folder you opened in step 3. You will be replacing a file of the same name. ( In my case was hidden but it was there )

5. Restart Pro Tools and you should have normal functionality.

I think this thing need to be verified and fixed by Avid..

Windows 10

-----------------------
ProTools 2018.7.0

-----------------------
Audient id14

Last edited by whole note; 05-31-2017 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Needed to add a link to message
Old 05-31-2017, 07:50 PM

Hello Darryl,

I perceived the issue as a ProTools/Avid issue because the error message included the installation path for ProTools. That is why I assumed it was an Avid issue.

Thank you!

Windows 10

-----------------------
ProTools 2018.7.0

-----------------------
Audient id14
Old 05-31-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
None of this is likely a Pro Tools/Avid issue. The error message was suggesting you contact iZotope.

Basic first thing would be to check what version you have installed, uninstall it and install a clean current version of iZotope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Izotope developed the Xform algorithm and licensed it to Avid.

the listed DLL relates to Xform. it's an Avid issue, not an Izotope issue.

there's no separate Izotope install of anything here.