Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-12-2019, 05:37 AM

Default Not possible to use a Eucon workstation as Slave OR Master anymore ?

I've just upgraded (very late) to the newer versions of EuControl (now called "EUCON Workstation Unified".
Now I've noticed that - unlike before - it's not possible anymore to install the "normal EuControl" AND the workstation (=slave) version on the same machine.
The thing is, that I use two macs, but in two different system configurations from time to time.

In configuration a) I only use machine A - which then needs to control my Artist Mix units

But in configuration b) I use the same machine A as a "second workstation" controlled via EuControl on machine B.

Working with EuControl 3.3.2 til now, I was able to first install the workstation software on machine A, then adding an install of "normal" EuControl - which enabled me to use machine A both ways - either as standalone workstation (EuControl active) or as slave workstation (EuControl inactive, but active on machine B).

Ok...I know that's hard to follow....stay with me ....;-)

But now with the unified software the installer forces me to choose between installing EuControl OR workstation - and automatically uninstalls the other option....

Any clue to that ? Is there any way I can still use both configurations without re-installing everytime ?
Old 05-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Avid

Default Re: Not possible to use a Eucon workstation as Slave OR Master anymore ?

Try installing EuControl on both.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Not possible to use a Eucon workstation as Slave OR Master anymore ?

Yes....that I've tried already.....;-(

Just have opened a(nother) case on that in the Pro Support case system....
Old 05-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Avid

We tried this here today and it worked with just EuControl on both WS. Are you disconnecting the WS from EuControl on the Slave and adding to the Master EuControl ?