Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-24-2017, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Gui lag 12.8.2

I just booted from an old external drive with PT 10 installed and ran up a vintage Session. Ran real snappy and didn't take long to load at all, even considering I was running the OS and PT from the external 2.5" HDD

Makes you wonder why PT 12 is so slow all round?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 11-24-2017, 04:17 PM

Although I'm not experiencing video issues as severe as some others, I do see weird plugin mirror like images when changing the sizes. I also noticed weird double midi notes behind clips. Even if I move the clips they are still there. I also notice when I look at it in the midi event list the double midi notes are there as well. These where projects done in 12.5.2. I rolled back to 12.8.1 and when loading the exact same project the problems are gone. Some bugs have definitely crept there way into 12.8.2. Hopefully they will straighten them out quickly on the next release with-out adding more bugs. For now, its back to 12.8.1. (edit) I also noticed the CPU usage is lower with the same Project in 12.8.1 and it seems more stable.

Last edited by zion; 11-24-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:14 PM

I've had the MIDI note duplication issue as well. No matter how many times I delete the clip the notes still remain.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofEight View Post
I've had the MIDI note duplication issue as well. No matter how many times I delete the clip the notes still remain.
Are you on 12.8.2 or 12.8.1? HD or Native?
Old 11-27-2017, 07:55 AM

Having no problem with Edit Window, but Mix Window scrolling is very sluggish. And much as I enjoy seeing the chords appear when playing, PT overall definitely seems less snappy and - I think is making my system feel more sluggish.

This is with MacPro (mid 2012) with 10.12.3 and 32GB memory. Am not best pleased to see that Avid dropping support for older Mac Pros given the absence of a serious current Mac alternative for now. Have just resubscribed but reasons for doing so are starting to ebb - marginal improvements, poorer performance, dropped support for standard systems...

Thanks to those who explained how to roll back to 18.1 - about to do so now as previous attempts failed.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:58 AM

Same here after updating to 12.8.2 !!!

Unbearable loss of speed in general....I'm working with a pretty huge template using self-defined "fader packs" of 16 channels hiding/showing those tracks I want to access by recalling locators.....now after the update it takes sth around 4 seconds (!) to recall a locator....!!!

Avid: PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!!

Those GUI lags are apparent for YEARS now....!
Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blemished View Post
Mix Window scrolling is very sluggish
Same here. Dreadful.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudiester View Post

In both cases I simply went back and installed 12.8.1 and both systems are running amazing again.
Anyone know if I went back to 12.8.1 would I need to re-install the 12.8.1 driver as well?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Anyone know if I went back to 12.8.1 would I need to re-install the 12.8.1 driver as well?
The HD Driver?

no.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Auer View Post
Same here after updating to 12.8.2 !!!

Unbearable loss of speed in general....I'm working with a pretty huge template using self-defined "fader packs" of 16 channels hiding/showing those tracks I want to access by recalling locators.....now after the update it takes sth around 4 seconds (!) to recall a locator....!!!

Avid: PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!!

Those GUI lags are apparent for YEARS now....!
Update for further information (though expanding a little into off-topic-land):

Since updating EVERYTHING seems to be very slow (the whole "UI" and not only the GUI if that makes sense) - not just scrolling....that also includes loading/closing sessions (endless waiting times). While recalling the locators as described above sometimes I even get a process bar for a while that says sth like "re-ordering track layout" - which I've never seen before...

Also many unexpected quits of PT in general while closing a session....and sometimes when inserting or removing plugins that change the mono/stereo mode of the particular track.....