Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Mbox 3 DSP FX Broken?

Tech support got back to me yesterday that they are checking with the Mbox 3 product champ for how they've been dealing with this. Stay tuned, but in the meantime if you are having this issue, you may want to go ahead and open a support case. I'm not sure that there is exact commonality in all individual cases, or how they handle each case.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:42 PM

That is helpful to know. One thing that they told me with regard to mine was that some of us who had done MULTIPLE firmware upgrades somehow got a glitch that led to the problem. When I got it back from Avid for a preamp repair it was perfect!

Sent from my Pro Tools beating heart.
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:44 PM

I sent them a few days ago a question regarding this issue I have not received a reply. I think it's a mistake in the firmware. I hope it will solve the problem and that some level of Avid see that a lot of people have this problem.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM

Answer from Avid:

Thank you for contacting Avid support. In regards to the issue you are facing, this is a known issue with the Mbox Pro 3rd generation that occurs after the newest drivers are installed, and the firmware is updated to version 1.0.3. The interface will need its firmware reflashed to the older version prior to firmware version 1.0.3 to regain the DSP's functionality. Kind regards, Cristina AVID
Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexxy View Post
Answer from Avid:

Thank you for contacting Avid support. In regards to the issue you are facing, this is a known issue with the Mbox Pro 3rd generation that occurs after the newest drivers are installed, and the firmware is updated to version 1.0.3. The interface will need its firmware reflashed to the older version prior to firmware version 1.0.3 to regain the DSP's functionality. Kind regards, Cristina AVID
Did you buy a ASC Code or pay to talk to Avid?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatamas View Post
Did you buy a ASC Code or pay to talk to Avid?
No

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
No

Did they tell you how to reflash the firmware to an older version?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 PM

They did not say anything to me how to do that ... of course I asked them waiting for an answer.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Answer from Avid:

It would be nice if someone from Avid could let us know how this done. It's a bit of a non-answer when someone from the company tells you to do something but offers no explanation on how to go about it.

Seeing as though its a known problem wouldn't it make sense to post a fix somewhere?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
They did not say anything to me how to do that ... of course I asked them waiting for an answer.

Thank you Dexxy for taking the time to contact Avid! I could not find a way to contact them for "free"