Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 AM

Lightbulb Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

Wow chill out..

The first reason why Avid does not support your questions is because they already posted all the answers online. So follow this link and check carefully if you have all the minimum requirements correct.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...25fd69470b3dc1

If you have Vista.. No No No.
White noise and freezing issues will occur. Doesn't matter what you think is possible.

And secondly, why would they support it if PT SE isn't a product that they sell, or have you forgotten you got it with one of their devices included..

And c'mon people- start reading,,, until you understand
Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routingwithin View Post
Wow chill out..

The first reason why Avid does not support your questions is because they already posted all the answers online. So follow this link and check carefully if you have all the minimum requirements correct.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...25fd69470b3dc1

If you have Vista.. No No No.
White noise and freezing issues will occur. Doesn't matter what you think is possible.

And secondly, why would they support it if PT SE isn't a product that they sell, or have you forgotten you got it with one of their devices included..

And c'mon people- start reading,,, until you understand
_______
Well let me enlighten you on the journey we’ve had thus far with Avid. If they have pretty much "nothing" to do with a product, then why is their name plastered across the box? I don't care if they don't sell it, they're name is on a product I purchased, which means they had something to do with it. People have tried to complete the “answers” they have posted online, and we're not seeing brilliant success. Do they seriously think that it should be OUR job to fix their mistakes? Point blank, these products shouldn't even have a white noise problem for the amount of money we lay out. I think we'll all "chill out" when the people who produced PTSE take this product off the shelves, and fix the issue before more people get ripped off.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 AM

Arrow Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

I understand how you feel..
I felt the same when i first got SE, I had a few issues and came to these forums to sort them out. but no-one knew anything,, you always get those people that just guess the answer. Like- Oooh I have no sound, what should i do... Um you .. um should.. re-install PT. hahaha

So in a way i understand your frustration.. however that will not stop us to figure it out. agree ?

Yes they don't support it, and yes their name is on the box. but who's name should they put on the box ?? Avid has designed the best recording DAW that exist today. Not SE.. but the full featured Pro Tools.

Their full concentration is on their software that costs a fortune.
It's just silly for a company that is so big, to support this little "demo" version that they give away with their products. For a huge company that would be wasting time and money.

but hey- take it easy, you will figure it out- you'll see

Just one Q, guitargirl... do you have Windows Vista installed on your PC. ?
Old 04-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routingwithin View Post
I understand how you feel..
I felt the same when i first got SE, I had a few issues and came to these forums to sort them out. but no-one knew anything,, you always get those people that just guess the answer. Like- Oooh I have no sound, what should i do... Um you .. um should.. re-install PT. hahaha

So in a way i understand your frustration.. however that will not stop us to figure it out. agree ?

Yes they don't support it, and yes their name is on the box. but who's name should they put on the box ?? Avid has designed the best recording DAW that exist today. Not SE.. but the full featured Pro Tools.

Their full concentration is on their software that costs a fortune.
It's just silly for a company that is so big, to support this little "demo" version that they give away with their products. For a huge company that would be wasting time and money.

but hey- take it easy, you will figure it out- you'll see

Just one Q, guitargirl... do you have Windows Vista installed on your PC. ?
No words can even describe my frustration with the white noise problem with this product. You can't imagine how bad it feels to have a perfect take, play it back, and hear absolutely nothing, or terrible white noise. It is enough to make me burst into tears each time because I am getting no answers or help no matter what I do.

I pray to God that someone can help me figure this out because I need to finish at least one song on this freaking software that I've had for months. It's just not right and completely unfair to the customer.

I do not believe so. I work through a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 AM

Arrow Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

It can be very difficult to diagnose a problem when you aren't sitting next to that person. cause many people don't list details that the problem might hide within.
In your case it could be many things, maybe not even your OS- but maybe the laptop itself (hardware).

But check here- I will help you figure this out if i may.

First off I need the full details of your OS (Windows) and laptop ( check your system information ) that means not just Windows 7...
I want to know what service pack is installed, 32 or 64bit, RAM and CPU speed.
Also what Avid device you bought that included SE. ???
Old 04-15-2012, 03:12 PM

Issue resolved! dae error 9060 windows7

Hp windows7 sp1 1.65Ghz, 4 g RAM. ProTools Se 8.0.3 I resolved the error message as well as playback distortions by doing these things. First disable power management settings such as sleep mode, HD to sleep, ect. Follow the steps listed in the FAQ/trouble shooting guide about optimizing windows. you may need to disable Norton A/V and the Norton firewall.(right click icon in system tray) You may need to disconnect your wi-fi, although I didn't find it necessary. Next is to run the compatability issue feature. (right click Pro tools icon on the desktop, select trouble shoot compatibilities, and let windows select best settings. probably will be windows xp sp2. it will ask if settings worked. keep that window open for now, don't select anything yet.) Pro Tools will open, windows will ask permission to make changes select yes. Now set up your Pro tools preferences. File-preferences- //audio tab -should list fast track, and select for recording or performing.// control surfaces- if you have a midi keyboard select in drop down, otherwise none.// session tab- sample rate 44.1 kHz, bit rate 24-bit. Then check the latency rate (right click on avid icon in system tray, open m audio control panel- mine is set to 128. if you experience lag or popping ajust the buffer higher. If these settings worked, then select save settings in the compatibility issue window that we ignored earlier. When you open Pro Tools now, the user account control window will ask- Do you want program to make changes? click yes, Pro Tools now thinks you are running xp. Its a major pain to set up, but it is definately worth it. The issues are definately windows7 related. I used this program for a year on my old machince running xp without any problems. I hope this helped.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:45 PM

im having the same problems.

lenovo G570
cpu: intel 13-2350m 2.3g
Ram: 4096m

could it be a latency problem?
Old 06-13-2012, 01:03 PM

I just came across this page because I was bored at work and wanted to see if Avid ever came up with some real solutions for the throngs of people having difficulty with SE (after having added myself to the list of sufferers back in January.)

I, too, went through all of the suggested compatibility set-ups (I have Windows 7) exhaustively. I STILL had white noise and freezing problems. Months of wasted time. Maddening!!!!

Then I decided to download Reaper. I can't tell you how much I regret not having tried it sooner and also regret how much time I wasted wanting to put my fist through my laptop because SE wouldn't work. Reaper is great and best of all it's free (if you don't mind waiting for the evaluation box at the beginning for a few seconds.) I'm probably going to pay the few bucks for the license just to support the company... they've earned it, in my book.

I didn't like NOT using the software that came with my MobilePre2 because, after all, it's Pro Tools, and that's the industry standard, is it not? Well, I just didn't care any more...I just wanted to be able record a song from beginning to end without all the hassles.

REAPER.

(By the way, I know this all kinda came out sounding like a promo ad or something, but as I said earlier I was bored at work and felt like writing something. I am NOT a paid spokesperson... I'm just trying to give those of you a little push to end your frustration with SE like I did.)
Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM

i had the same problem. since it seems to have a problem with Windows 7. i just change the compatibility of the program to Windows Xp (service pack 3 ) and it worked for me.

Right click Pro Tools Icon [bleep]> Properties > Compatibility > Check : Run this program in compatibily mode for : > Choose Windows Xp ( service pack 3 ).

Hope this works for you.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 PM

I have the white noise, popping and crackling problem too. I run Pro Tools SE 8 on two computers. One has Windows 7 and is fine. The other has Windows XP and has the bug. Are there any updates to Pro Tools SE that have fixed this problem?