Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM

Default Help Pro Tools 10 and Saffire Pro 40

I am getting the dreaded ASIO changes have been made my the Control Panel please restart ProTools, every time I open a session ,
I have an Asus i7 with tons of memory etc but I cant get this to come down,
I have an old Profire 410 that saves the day often but I really need the inputs on the Saffire Help!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Help Pro Tools 10 and Saffire Pro 40

Read this thread:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=336956
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventic View Post
I am getting the dreaded ASIO changes have been made my the Control Panel please restart ProTools, every time I open a session ,
I have an old Profire 410 that saves the day often but I really need the inputs on the Saffire Help!!!
This is something I have seen with the pro 40 and the liquid 56. I also had a few emails with focusrite, but nothing has come out of it yet.

Here's a quick tip.

Make sure that the pro 40 is set to default and optionally the only interface in the sound options located here.

control pannel -> sound -> play back.
Recording you can have other things.

in the playback click on the pro 40 -> properties -> advance tab, and make sure you have the settings set to what the pro 40 is set to in the mix control. Personally I use 24 bits 48k most of the time in pro tools so that's what the settings for the pro 40 (or LS56) are set to in the mix control and also in the sound properties. In the same advance tab make sure the two boxes are checked.

Now disable all windows sounds. This way if windows plays a sound that is not in 48 khz or 24 bit, it wont revert to that setting making your pro 40 lose connection temporarily as it tries to change it's settings.

Also I've found that using a medium settings on the drivers latency helps with the ls56 and pro 40 stability.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 AM

Have you Tried the ASIO4ALL Driver? I had "similar" issues and I believed it turned out to be Focusrites Driver, Try the ASIO4ALL one and see if it makes a difference. As per the thread above.

I am really Hoping that PT11 because it is redesigned will fix MANY of these problems ( I heard they bascially scrapped the code and started from scratch.) and the DAE coding i think is gone (which I get from time to time)

I should email focusrite about this as well, I have the FORTE unit. Hopefully an update/fix from focusrite should be able to fix the issue and use thier driver.

I was looking at getting the apollo, but I could care less for the DSP processing, I just want a simple but powerful interface, thus Focusrite forte.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTools_Session View Post
Have you Tried the ASIO4ALL Driver? I had "similar" issues and I believed it turned out to be Focusrites Driver, Try the ASIO4ALL one and see if it makes a difference. As per the thread above.

I am really Hoping that PT11 because it is redesigned will fix MANY of these problems ( I heard they bascially scrapped the code and started from scratch.) and the DAE coding i think is gone (which I get from time to time)

I should email focusrite about this as well, I have the FORTE unit. Hopefully an update/fix from focusrite should be able to fix the issue and use thier driver.

I was looking at getting the apollo, but I could care less for the DSP processing, I just want a simple but powerful interface, thus Focusrite forte.
As far as I know you can't change the drivers for the Saffire line. It's imbedded in the mix control. For other things like the forte you might be able to, but not that I've found with the saffire range.

There's an optimization chart on the focusrite faq for the saffire line. You might want to check it out. It's for vista but should be good for windows 7 since it's based on the vista engine.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventic View Post
There might actually be an easier fix for your problem.

Did you just install your drivers and software from the included disc? The disc has the old drivers that didn't work worth a flip. They updated the drivers a few months ago and fixed the problems apparently. If you haven't done so, you should update it by going to Focusrite's website - the download is free.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Focusrite

Hi everyone,

Emcha_audio- If you have emailed us and do not feel your issue has been resolved please let me know a case number and I would be glad to look into it for you.

Yes the drivers are a part of Saffire MixControl and we have a current release of Saffire MixControl 3.1 on our main downloads page, as well as a beta Saffire MixControl 3.2 on our beta site.

http://us.focusrite.com/downloads?pr...Saffire+PRO+40
http://beta.focusrite.com/

ASIO4ALL is not recommended as it's general purpose it to provide a driver intended for units that do not have their own ASIO support, or other situations where an ASIO driver may not be provided by the manufacturer.

Our newest beta Saffire MixControl 3.2 also contains important fixes which may be relevant to many users. You can read more about these on the beta site.

If you are having any issues with your Focusrite device please don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support Team. We strive to provide a high level of support and customer satisfaction.

http://us.focusrite.com/contact-support

Best regards.

Kat

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/