Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Why do they bundle trial plug ins

I understand why they would buddle plug ins, but why don't they tell you that they are only trial versions?
When I bought M-powered, the box clearly stated they it comes with 30 plug-ins from Bomb Factory to digi rack. Nowhere did it say anything about these plugins being demos! When it comes down to it, you barely get anything for plugins. Why can't they be staight up. It pisses me off that when I open Pro Tools, I have to sit there for an hour and press Quit or Try to every frigin plug-in demo. I just want to open pro tools and use it, I don't want to sit there for and hour clicking on demo pop ups. I'm starting to become very anti Degidesign. I can't stand when I see a company like this charge ridiculous prices and do nothing for their customers.
I paid 500 bucks through my school for Logic Pro 7 and that [bleep] comes with 70 plugins and Soft synths, and it's just as good if not better. Pro Tools M-powered was a tiny step in the right dirsection for digidesign YES. But, then again, they better start taking some giant steps cause if they don't they will be left behind by all the software coming out this year. The advise is free digidesign! LOL
Old 04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Why do they bundle trial plug ins

The included plug-ins are listed in the Products/M-Powered/Software section:
http://www.digidesign.com/products/bundle/mpowered.cfm

and the Support/Compatibility/M-Powered/Included and Optional plug-ins section:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/osx/ma/sw.cfm

You will want to download the free EQ III DigiRack plug-in from the link there if you have not already done so. EQ III is for all Pro Tools 6.7 and higher systems, including Pro Tools M-Powered 6.8.

I don't have an installer in front of me to check, but I believe the optional plug-ins are not installed by default. I think you need to choose to install them.

To remove demo versions, check the Answerbase for the words:
remove demo plug-ins
Which will bring up several results, including this one first:
http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=28112
Old 04-20-2005, 08:20 AM

I didn't get a chorus, or flanger, or pitch shifter.. Are they located on the disk or are they installed with pro tools. All I have for full use right now is:
EQ:2 band & 4 band
Dynamics: Compressor, BF76, Gate, Limiter
Modulation: That fake one. and nothing else
Reverb: d-verb mono and d-verb stereo
Dither: the dither plug-ins
other: nothing

There is definitly not thirty. I didn't install anything other then pro tools and when I open the program I have to click quit on at least 20 or 30 plug-in demos. it takes a good 5 min to open PT.
Maybe I should uninstall and install. I had so many problems installing PT I don't want to take the chance though...
Old 04-20-2005, 11:24 AM

To say digidesign does nothing for their costumers is just plain dumb to say. You know how DigiDesign is with plug ins. Everyone knows that Pro Tools has the least amount of plug ins starting out than anyone. If you bought the CHEAPEST version of pro tools and expected it to have a ton of programs then thats your fault. You should NEVER buy anything without knowing exactly what you're buying. I mean who in their right mind spends 400 bucks on software without getting online and seeing what is really included. I know most of the programs were demos the day it came out, why didn't you?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

You need to read the DigiRack Plug-Ins Guide that should have been installed with Pro Tools M-Powered. It would be in your Applications->Digidesign->Documentation->Plug-Ins folder, and should also show up in your Help menu in Pro Tools.

Or you can download the latest version from this link:
DigiRack Plug-Ins Guide

You would need to install the Free Bomb Factory Plug-Ins, EQ III, and Ableton Live Lite 4 Digidesign Edition separately.

Links to the free BF plugs and EQ III are here in the Compatibility Documents for Pro Tools M-Powered:

Included DigiRack Plug-Ins & Optional Digidesign Software

The Free Bomb Factory plug-ins installer should also be on your CD, but you will need to download EQ III.

You will need to download the Ableton Live software from the Downloads section on their website:
http://www.ableton.com/index.php?main=downloads

Choose the download that says:
Quote:
Free Updates
If you are a registered Live 4, Live 3 or Live 2 user, please enter your Serial Number to download the latest free update for your Live version
You will be asked to register using the serial number from the card included with Pro Tools M-Powered, then you will be able to download Live Lite 4 Digidesign Edition, version 4.1.1.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:23 PM

post deleted by Admin - personal attacks are not allowed
Old 04-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Please read the previous instructions in this thread, including this link:

That will explain in detail how to install and use all 30 free plug-ins for Pro Tools M-Powered:
  1. Bomb Factory BF76 Compressor [install from M-Powered CD or download from link]
  2. BF Essential Clip Remover [install from M-Powered CD or download from link]
  3. BF Essential Correlation Meter [install from M-Powered CD or download from link]
  4. BF Essential Meter Bridge [install from M-Powered CD or download from link]
  5. BF Essential Noise Meter [install from M-Powered CD or download from link]
  6. BF Essential Tuner [install from M-Powered CD or download from link]
  7. Funk Logic Mastererizer [install from M-Powered CD or download from link]
  8. Chorus
  9. Click
  10. D-Verb
  11. D-Verb-AS
  12. DigiReWire
  13. Dither
  14. Dynamics II Compressor
  15. Dynamics II Limiter
  16. Dynamics II Gate