Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 04:38 PM

Default still need help with Dae settings and buffer,memory

Actually I need to once and for all know how to go in and change or maintain these settings. How do I go in and set and what should be a good setting for the dae. also the buffer setting where do I go in and what should they be at. cpu that I know 85% is there any thing else that I need to know. last night I kept getting a message that my memorey was to low and that I need to allowcate more memory to pro tools how do I do that? thanks surchur
Old 06-25-2001, 08:11 PM

Default Re: still need help with Dae settings and buffer,memory

For Pro Tools: Go to the Pro Tools application in the Digidesign folder. Click once on the Pro Tools LE icon and press command-I Scroll down from General Information to Memory. Make the Pro Tools preferred memory to 60000. Do not touch the minimum memory.

For DAE: Go to the DAE folder in the system folder of the startup disk. Single click the DAE icon and do the command-I thing. For DAE, change the preferred memory to 70000, again, do not change the minimum memory.

If you don't have that much memory, get more. It is cheap and the computer will run better with more memory. These settings are good on my machine but if I make more memory available to DAE my performance actually drops off.