Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-26-2018, 09:45 PM

Default Pro Tools plugins and the Slate Everything bundle

I started up a subscription to Slate's Everything plugin bundle last month. Since then I've been getting near-constant licensing issues with everything except Slate's plugins. I'm using Pro Tools 11.3.1 and getting intermittent error AAE-7058 when I try to use plugins like Eleven or Dynamics3. I haven't gotten such an error with my AIR plugins (yet). And sometimes Pro Tools just being open will trigger the error. My license manager is up to date, my iLok driver is up to date. The next thing I can think of is to do a clean install of the license manager. I only have 31 licenses on my iLok, so it shouldn't be overloaded.

Is anyone else subscribed to this Slate plugin bundle and experienced the same issue? Were you able to solve it?

I'm on Windows 10 Home by the way, and my computer more than fulfills all system requirements.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools plugins and the Slate Everything bundle

Slate Everything Bundlei since the day it came out and had Zero issues since then. We have two subscriptions on one MacPro Trashcan 6 Core Sierra and on a 12 Core with High Sierra and both have hundreds of plugins and VI from many many developers. No issues at all.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-31-2018, 03:00 PM

I get this with VMR every time I install a new version of ProTools or delete all prefs. Instant crash. Then all is fine. Anyone else?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 3.25.14 PM.png (37.3 KB, 0 views)

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley7 View Post
I started up a subscription to Slate's Everything plugin bundle last month. Since then I've been getting near-constant licensing issues with everything except Slate's plugins. I'm using Pro Tools 11.3.1 and getting intermittent error AAE-7058 when I try to use plugins like Eleven or Dynamics3. I haven't gotten such an error with my AIR plugins (yet). And sometimes Pro Tools just being open will trigger the error. My license manager is up to date, my iLok driver is up to date. The next thing I can think of is to do a clean install of the license manager. I only have 31 licenses on my iLok, so it shouldn't be overloaded.

Is anyone else subscribed to this Slate plugin bundle and experienced the same issue? Were you able to solve it?

I'm on Windows 10 Home by the way, and my computer more than fulfills all system requirements.
Have you tried unplugging and replugging your iLok after you get this error. I would get a licensing error from time to time so I would close Pro Tools unplug and replug the iLok and everything would be fine. This error for me very rare. I'm also on a Windows 10 machine but I'm on the latest version of PT and HDX.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:51 PM

Why not do what it suggests and contact the software publisher? I've had nothing but stellar experiences with Slate support...
Old 08-03-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Why not do what it suggests and contact the software publisher? I've had nothing but stellar experiences with Slate support...
+1

Slate support is fast and really great.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————