How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 AM

Default 96 I/O clock source

Hi,

I've got a quick question I haven't been able to find the answer to and my PTHD rig is on site otherwise I would have already experimented with this idea.

Can I set my 96 I/O to use the spdif for clock source while still using all 8 analog inputs? I need it to receive clock from another recording box via spdif since the other box is retarded and doesn't have word clock I/O.

I will test this in the morning but wondered if anyone had an answer in the mean time.

I don't want the audio from the spdif, just the clock. I have a sneaky suspicion that my I/O must be set to digital on inputs 1 and 2 for this to work but I don't want that, I want all 8 analog inputs.

The other box I am recording with is an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R. I want to see if I can use a 2nd computer running this box via Audition to cheat and get 8 more channels of audio. I can hand sync the files once in PT if the two systems are locked to the same clock. It isn't ideal but that is what I have to work with. I do not have the M-Audio ProFire 2626 interface much to my lament. If I had that one, I would connect the lightpipe out to my lightpipe in and record all 16 channels in PT directly. This is truly a hodge podge recording system but that is the gear I have to work with

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.