Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 08-27-2013, 01:17 PM

Default No Sound Pro Tools HP Laptop asio4all

I have posted this problems several times before and got lots of views but no replies Is there anybody that can help with this post??????? I have put Pro Tools 10 onto a HP Pavilion dv7 with beats audio and installed asio4all v2.10 I get "no sound" from the laptop's on board speakers or head phone jack even though pro tools is playing the project ok. Most projects are recorded and mixed on a Toshiba P300 with pro tools 9. Both laptop's have a m-audio fast track ultra 8R installed on them and they both record and play back audio fine when the m-audio i/o is used. I did finally get the audio to play on the Toshiba's onboard speakers and head phone jack and could do the mixdown fine using just the Toshiba native when i select the asioall i/o. I did have the "no audio problem" initially with the Toshiba native untill i change some of the settings in the asio4all control panel. I have not had the same luck on the HP laptop. Both laptops run windows 7 the Toshiba is 32bit and HP is 64bit Both have 2 hard drives. Is there any chance that there is a solution to "no sound" on a HP Laptop native on board speakers and headphone system??? As i travel alot it would be a big benifit to be able to do some mix and mastering with the HP native Any advice would be appreciated Cheers
Old 08-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: No Sound Pro Tools HP Laptop asio4all

I have solved this problem. It is a major PITA on HP laptops. Unfortunately, I found out by mistake when one of my students HP laptop would work and the others were not. The answer is that you need the Cubase ASIO driver. He extracted it from the Cubase installer using 7zip.

That is the only solution that I have found. Perhaps you can find a cheap version of Cubase LE?

Kris
May the music move you
Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM

I have had audio from HP with Pro Tools 10 through the headphone with asio4all selected as playback engine earlier this year during Feb 2013 to May2013 after I did changes to asio4all pannel and disabled beats audio and I was able to get audio from HP headphone ontput though i have never had audio from the HP on board speakers Some windows 7 updates occured on HP in early Jun 2013 and this caused iLok to not be reconised and pro tools 10 would not load So i did a recovery to May 2013 and this fixed iLok problem but since the recovery i have not been able to get any audio from HP headphone or onboard speakers. I have tried to change settings to asio4all and re start pro tools 10 and DAW loads ok and plays ok I just do not get audio from the headphone or onboard speakers now It maybe there has been a change in driver since the update??? All working ok with HP & Pro Tools 10when I select & use the M-Audio Fast Track 8R for recording and playback
Old 08-27-2013, 06:01 PM

What does the device manager say for ur onboard speakers?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:22 AM

I hope info i have provided is helpful

Windows 7 Device Manager - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Pro tools 10 - I/O Setup Output tab says Dock HPOut 1-2 Stereo L R to 1 2 Analog ASI42

ASIO4ALL v2.10 - Splash screen as per attachment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (31.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-28-2013, 05:31 AM

try to see if there is other application that use the asio4all driver running at background (use Task manager)
example, app like ie explorer, mozilla, wm player, etc...

fyi, asio4all is not multi-client driver

i use it and runs great here
Old 08-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Thanx KWZ for reply
No other application appears to be running in Task Manager using on board sound whilst running Pro Tools 10. I do use HP Laptop for a few other applications and sometimes i use internet on it (though not very often) Pro Tools 10 runs great and i get sound when i use the M-Audio Fast Tack 8R interface. Just trying to get Pro Tools 10 to produce sound on the HP onboard speakers and/or headphone when running Pro Tools 10 native on HP is the issue that I want to resolve
Cheers
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmalibu View Post
Thanx KWZ for reply
No other application appears to be running in Task Manager using on board sound whilst running Pro Tools 10. I do use HP Laptop for a few other applications and sometimes i use internet on it (though not very often) Pro Tools 10 runs great and i get sound when i use the M-Audio Fast Tack 8R interface. Just trying to get Pro Tools 10 to produce sound on the HP onboard speakers and/or headphone when running Pro Tools 10 native on HP is the issue that I want to resolve
Cheers
See post #2

Kris
May the music move you
Old 08-28-2013, 10:05 PM

So - what did the device manager say for the HP speakers? Working properly? What driver loaded?

What does ur speaker setup show as the main playback device? In the windows setup of course
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 AM

Thanx for reply YYR 123
Speaker system in Control Panel Harware and Sound - Sound tab is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC It was tested and This device is working properly 16bit 48000Hz (DVD quality) All applications using sound when selected work correctly through HP speakers and headphone When using HP with Pro Tools 10 there are no other applications open or running in background (that i am aware of) using sound. HP runs Pro Tools 10 with M-Audio Fast Track 8R conected to USB and is selected as audio interface without any sound issues and also will run Pro Tools 10 with Focusrite VRM when conected to USB and selected as audio interface without any sound issues. When no audio interface conected and ASIO4ALL is selected as audio interface Pro Tools 10 runs ok there is just no sound produced by the HP speakers or headphone
Cheers