Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 PM

Default My thinking About Pro Tools

I bought PTMP in June of 2007. Since then I have upgraded and can't wait for version 8. I use a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R. I love it. It sounds great. The pre-amps are very, very good.

I bought this to record my band in house and do all the tracking ourselves, taking our time and doing it slowely so we get it just the way we want it.

Then if we decide to take it to a Pro studio that uses PT we could mix and master there. My thinking was that would save us a ton of money.
Studio time in a GOOD studio is not cheap and shouldn't be. I believe if guys know what they are doing (engineers) they should be paid nicely.

My question is - Isn't this the reason why most people buy this product? I can understand guys who are not serious and just want to record in the garage...nothing wrong with that. I think it's great.
I just don't understand why alot of people get on here and complain about this product.

My thinking is these people have missed the point....Agree?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM

Default Re: My thinking About Pro Tools

I'm not sure I understand your question. What aspect of Pro Tools do you disagree with people complaining about?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:17 PM

Default Re: My thinking About Pro Tools

I'm not sure about why other people buy pro-tools but I can tell you that I purchased it as I wanted to be able to use virtual instruments and the product that I originally used, Session, did not support that. I use it for home recording for myself and while the leaning curve was pretty steep coming from Session, after I got the hang of it I couldn't be happier. Unless some of the compatibility issues with certain plug-ins are resolved. That is not a digi-design issue though at least to my knowledge. I've learned to deal with it. Nothing is perfect in the PC domain. The fact that they can interface successfully to so many different hardware platforms is a testament to the resilience of the product. Whose complaining?