Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Time for Full Version Native protools

I think the time is ripe for a re think of HD/TDM first and foremost there should be different levels of systems starting with a base only mixer DSP offering allowing for full software, and then RTAS plugins through and through. So whilst i say an Native i mean DSP mixer as to be fair we need that kind of reliability. I say 1 card offering 64 channels dsp adat i/os spdif plus digi connectors so you can buy the interfaces for roughly same cost as symphony ($1000) charge the full version protools at say $1500 allow accel cards to bring in TDM plugins if you want to. get rid of digi 003 etc keep Mpowered as LE. If digi does this theyll clean up big time. I had a demo of pyramix and i have to say was very very impressed at the way you can start of from Native and simply add the DSP card and pay the upgrade for the software. Why o Why didnt digi think of this. As market leader we expect them to be innovative. HD software shoudl be available as a semi native option not complete as then theyll never sell hardware plus it should be reasonably cheap slightly above digi003 prices. octacore is available, soon we will have 16cores at that point you wont need to worry about latency digi dont be a fairlight act now.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Time for Full Version Native protools

Quote:
....... Why o Why didnt digi think of this. As market leader we expect them to be innovative.
How did they get to be market leader? Maybe they did think of it, and decided against it.

BTW, don't ever think Digi isn't working on all sorts of stuff. Studio monitors? Who saw that coming?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.