Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2017, 08:59 PM

Default Boxes in front of Midi information [solved]

I'm getting these weird 'boxes' in front of every midi note I hit. It's making it very difficult to edit after I play. This wasn't happening before, but now everytime I make a track this happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss.jpg (47.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-24-2017, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Boxes in front of Midi information

Welcome to the community.

What is your setup? Did anything change recently?
Old 09-25-2017, 04:29 AM

Not sure haven't used protools since 2009. I have an audiobox usb, protools 12, win7 64bit, 8 gigs ram, and the controller I'm using is an m-audio oxygen 8 us keyboard. All drivers are up to date. It sounds fine and works great, but it's near impossible to edit with these little boxes in the front of the midi info. Is it recording the contact hits too? If I slide the midi info around it actually leaves the box still there leaving me to have to go through and delete those little guys one by one. It's gotta be a setting or a switch somewhere right ???
Old 09-25-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea.byrne View Post
Not sure haven't used protools since 2009. I have an audiobox usb, protools 12, win7 64bit, 8 gigs ram, and the controller I'm using is an m-audio oxygen 8 us keyboard. All drivers are up to date. It sounds fine and works great, but it's near impossible to edit with these little boxes in the front of the midi info. Is it recording the contact hits too? If I slide the midi info around it actually leaves the box still there leaving me to have to go through and delete those little guys one by one. It's gotta be a setting or a switch somewhere right ???
How do you have the keyboard connected to your computer - the USB connection or round 5 pin MIDI connection? You can't use both. It looks like you have some kind of looping going on in the MIDI connection. You're on Windows so I'd suggest getting MIDI-ox - it's a free utility that'll show you what's coming over your MIDI connection.

QAPLA!
Old 09-25-2017, 04:38 AM

It's just connected by usb into a port on the computer. This is something that happened in the middle of a session where two instrument tracks were working fine, then I tried to create new instrument tracks and this started happening.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:42 AM

Marsdy that's exactly what it looks like or feels like when you say it's sending two notes because two zones are available. My midi keyboard stopped working for a bit and did some trouble shooting. I may have screwed something up along the way. How would I get the controller to only be in one place or zone to prevent it from sending out a double signal. Both the little box and the midi info on the same line play the same note or hit
Old 09-25-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea.byrne View Post
At a guess I would say your m-audio controller is sending out double notes, maybe because two zones are enabled or something. I used to do this by accident a lot with my old keystation 88