Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Default Unable to locate Avid hardware. Avid Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 (M-Audio KeyStudio 49)

Hey,

I just recently bought a new M-Audio KeyStudio 49 Keys. After spending hours of several installation and uninstallion of Avid Pro Tools SE 8.0.3, I keep receiving the following message as I open the application: "Unable to locate Avid hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready."

I have tried everything after multiply research and trail, the keyboard is plugged in and working fine (tested with MIDI-OX), however the software will not open due to my 'hardware' not being connected. I have also tried ALL my usb slots and nothing is working.

I have also tried installing the software onto my Mac and receive the same issue.

I am currently running a PC, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (8GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.8GHz, 64 bit operating system)

Please help me, as I would love to play around with my new KeyStudio.

If there is any updates that I need to install in order for the software to work accordingly please let me know.

THANKS
Martin Dai
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM

Cool Re: Unable to locate Avid hardware. Avid Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 (M-Audio KeyStudio 49)

I'm new here, but do you use an interface that is supported by Pro Tools? If not, it could be the INTERFACE/SOUNDCARD that is causing the error in ProTools. As you said, the keyboard itself works fine.

Interface Compatibility with ProTools:

Fast Track (inlcuded with Avid Recording Studio)
USB Micro (included with Avid KeyStudio)
Producer USB (included with Avid Vocal Studio)
MobilePre (includes Pro Tools SE software)
Fast Track Pro
Fast Track Ultra
Fast Track Ultra 8R

Other interfaces won't work, apparently.

And a google search brought me here:
http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-Software/

You can click the 'Free Trail' button on the right to fill in your details and download (I guess).
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Unable to locate Avid hardware. Avid Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 (M-Audio KeyStudio 49)

Your problem seems to be similar to mine. I don't use a midi keyboard though. My interface i fast track c600. Somebody in the avid-organization? answer ?

Torrror
Old 09-21-2013, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Unable to locate Avid hardware. Avid Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 (M-Audio KeyStudio 49)

I had just the same problem myself, but I think I've sorted it now. First I couldn't install the hardware using the wizard and had to open the drivers on the disc and install them from there. Secondly, when clicking on ProSounds, I kept trying to run just the keystudio 49 without the mic/headphone device, when I believe that this is the device that Pro Tools is seeking when it is activated. Anyway, every time I activate ProTools with the mic/headphone plugged into the USB port it loads up OK.

Last edited by MCSWTI; 09-21-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistake