Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-22-2010, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Shortcut for "show all used automation"

Hey!
This is not the easiest way, but maybe it will help you.
Hit the triangle on the track to open the automation lane, choose the automation parameter in lane, hit plus in the lane to open another lane and choose another automation parameter, open and choose automations in lanes as much as you need, then hit the triangle to close the lanes. Do the same for another tracks. Then, when you alt+click on the track's triangle, you will see only those lanes in tracks that you choosed.
luck

Last edited by Finck; 11-22-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 AM

Hi Finck,

yeh, thats how I am doing at the moment. I'm really looking for a quicker way to do it tho. I know its out there and I wont give up until I figured it out. lol.

Its just when you get a session for mixing and theres loads of automation everywhere it would be great to see it all in one go and then decide what to keep and what to throw away.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:57 PM

Totally agree with & understand the post: there would appear to be no shortcut for this rather obvious modern DAW req & especially for VI composers:

ie, Pull up a VI and record or overdub lots of controller information, expression, filter sweeps, whatever. Then to view and/or tweak this automation there is no way of knowing exactly which CCs are being used. The only way to find this on Tools seems to be rather laboriously looking for a new parameter for each & every lane that might be opened. Rubbish waste of time. Cubase Pro 8 does this with a single right click, 'show all used automation'.

FYI, this is also recently become much more of an issue with the rather wonderful introduction of Komplete Kontrol (software and keyboards). Aside from the fast browsing and patch change functions across all of the NI instruments, KK pulls up macros and automation parameters for all of these, all unique according to instrument. Makes for excellent articulations, automation and overdubs. This is further empowered by detailed arpeggiation, scale and chord functions - all of which can be recorded and overdubbed into the parent DAW via track automation.

In ProTools however, there seems to be no way you can find the damn stuff in the automation lanes apart from hunt & peck. Very happy to be proven wrong if anyone knows the answer, but certainly does not appear in the User Guides.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:08 AM

Yes, a button for "show all used automation" on a track would be AMAZING!

That would save me a whole bunch of time looking for controller information, especially when importing a track from a previous session that's already loaded with information.

Avid please take note :)
Old 03-04-2015, 11:41 AM

Quick question for anyone out there: I am currently just using the basic Mbox mini with my Pro Tools 9. What would you recommend be the next step I take for a new Audio Interface? I was looking at Motu's...any advice out there would be great.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:19 PM

Logic has a feature where only parameters that have been modified in the selected track’s channel strip (or its plug-ins) are displayed in the Automation Parameter menu. Parameters that already exist in the track (as automation data) are displayed in bold lettering in the menu.

I do miss that feature greatly in Pro Tools...

PT Ultimate 22.7.0 - EuControl 22.4 - Avid Omni - Pro Tools Dock - JBL 705p Monitors - JBL Intonato 24 Monitor Controller