Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Can I use a MIDI controller for transport ctl?

Hi,
I've been doing some reading through the PT user guide on MIDI Control surfaces but I couldn't find what I am looking for and was hopoing someone could help.
I have a programmable MIDI foot control that I'm hoping I can use with the PT transport for function such as Record, Play, rewind, go to start. I'm a solo musician? who records a lot of analog instruments which require both hands and it is difficult/impossible to do any punch ins and a pain in the brain to press stop, record, play etc... as I'm recording and I'm hoping I can use my MIDI foot control to make my life so much easier
I'm using PT 7.1 with a 002 rack and the MIDI foot control is a Behringer FCB1010. Oh ya, and Mac OSX 10.4.8
Thanks for any suggestions.
Ryan
Old 02-18-2010, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Can I use a MIDI controller for transport ctl?

Hi, Did you have any luck with the foot controller and transport controls? I'm thinking of using one to control PT in a live solo situation. The 1010 looks like a beast to program??
Cheers, Laurie
Old 02-18-2010, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Can I use a MIDI controller for transport ctl?

Pro Tools supports a number of controller protocols, i guess it's whether your midi device is able to emulate one of these or not.

I have a behringer BCF2000 which i use in Baby Hui mode and it's work flawlessly in Pro Tools.