Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-25-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Bounce to Disk - Getting \"white noise\"

I'm trying to bounce out a snare sample to disk, then pull it back into another session to replace the snare in another session using SoundReplacer. After I bounce it out, when I listen back to it, i get static... just "white noise." The snare sample makes it sound when it's bouncing out, but the resulting file is just static. I've tried pulling in the sample w/out SoundReplacer, and it's the same static, so it's not SoundReplacer, but seems rather to be something messing up with creating the file when I'm bouncing to disk.

Here's what i'm doing..

-Soloing the snare track
-highlighting the snare hit I want to sample
-select 'bounce to disk'
-select the following: 24 bit, 44.1 (this is what all the sessions are), mono summed, 1-2 stereo, AIFF (have tried SDII, wav, etc, and all give me the same static)

Can anyone give me any insight into what may be happening here? I would appreciate any help anyone can offer!!!

thanks -
Andy
Old 06-25-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Bounce to Disk - Getting \"white noise\"

Forgot to mention, I am running ProTools 5.1 LE, Digi 001, G4.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any advice!!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:28 PM

1.) what plug ins are on the snare track, any aux sends you may have it going through, and the master fader.
2.) clear all peak indicators, after bounce are there any peak indicators lit on the snare, any aux sends the snare runs through, or the master fader?
3.) try bouncing to multiple mono (these can always be imported one at a time or split if imported together)

http://www.Abravemix.com
Old 06-25-2005, 08:40 PM

I had the mic mod and a Ren EQ, but I had made them inactive and took aux sends off as well. Still gave me static. I was bouncing to my desktop. But when I bounced it to a folder and not on the desktop, it worked. Very strange... oh well. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:39 AM

One last tip, always edit on a separate HD, all those read/writes to your system drive take a toll and you don't want to loose your system drive. Check Digi's site for a list of supported external firewire drives and get your self one, this also may help with any future white noise as it is not you desktop Happy Mixin' -MrBibidy

http://www.Abravemix.com