Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-29-2010, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools placing sound EARLY??

Just to tell you how much time has gone by since I have had my system without it working:
1. Purchased in April and received end of April. System: Sweetwater Creation Station XT, Mbox2 Pro factory bundle installed with plug-ins. Came with Windows 7 34-bit installed and PTLE 8.0.3cs2.
2. Had a project at work that delayed my task of getting to know PTLE for 2 months.
3. Finally sat down to work on the system and couldn't get my Mbox2 Pro working. Tech support at Sweetwater could not figure it out and wanted me to send the audio interface to them to be tested. It tested fine and they sent it back to me. When it came back I plugged it in and it worked, then stopped working. Then a Windows 7 update fixed it. I was able to start learning PTLE and layed down several tracks and used the new plug-ins, etc.
4. Since I had success with the update from Windows 7, and upon advice from Sweetwater, I updated to the 8.0.4 version.
5. I was able to use this for awhile without problems. Then my audio sounded muddy and I started in with the no sound while running in low latency mode.
6. I called Sweetwater and they told me to do a clean install of PTLE 8.0.4. While I was doing it I decided to upgrade to 64-bit.
7. So, I never did have a system that worked for me to save a copy of.
8. I still don't have a working system and I have a piece of digidesign s*#&t audio interface and heaving pile of crap PTLE.

I am surprised that others have working systems and am so disappointed that mine doesn't work. I spent too much money for me to just write this off. I had a complimentary support code that I tried to use today. I called Avid tech support and stayed on the line for 1 hour waiting. They never answered the call and I couldn't wait any longer. I don't know what to do at this point.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 AM

Hey Raven, bad luck you jumped into PTLE during this time. Between the client builds and driver bugs and 64 bit move, the product is pretty foobar'ed right now.

I must say your comment about a windows update fixing Pro Tools makes me think something else is also up. I dont remember win update fixing something recently.

My advice is go back to 32 bit if you can and install 8.01cs? or 8.03cs2.

If you're stuck on 64 bit then create a new thread, post your Sandra again and start the discusssion.

It does work, its just messed up hard work atm getting it going on PC's. Or you could wait for 8.05....

Mike.
P.S. Run windows in minimum mode (using msconfig or another app) when you run any setup program on your pc; reboot between every stage; check uninstalls worked and reboot, if you're not already. And use Acronis, its never too late to buy it.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 AM

Hey MikeLip:
Thanks for your reply. The windows update did not fix Pro Tools, just fixed the no audio with Mbox2 Pro. That included system sounds. I'm not willing to go back to 32-bit at this point and I feel that posting a Sandra will just allow a critique of my system without changing anything. I don't want to buy a lot of new stuff for my system just to get PTLE 8.0.4 working.

I don't understand what you mean by running Windows in minimum mode. Last time I did something with the misconfig I ended up not being able to boot the computer. I did reboot between stages of updates. How do you check to see if the uninstalls worked?

Why would I use Acronis to back up an unuseable DAW?

So how long should I wait for 8.0.5? Will I have to pay another $900.00 for the new audio interface to go with it?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 AM

honestly man, start a new thread

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 AM

Thanks MikeLip:
I will look into misconfig and I really appreciate you posting steps to check if the uninstalls worked!

I have an Acronis account. Just gotta hook up the external hard drive to it.

Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:58 AM

cheers

Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven12u View Post
Just to tell you how much time has gone by since I have had my system without it working:
1. Purchased in April and received end of April. System: Sweetwater Creation Station XT, Mbox2 Pro factory bundle installed with plug-ins. Came with Windows 7 34-bit installed and PTLE 8.0.3cs2.
2. Had a project at work that delayed my task of getting to know PTLE for 2 months.
3. Finally sat down to work on the system and couldn't get my Mbox2 Pro working. Tech support at Sweetwater could not figure it out and wanted me to send the audio interface to them to be tested. It tested fine and they sent it back to me. When it came back I plugged it in and it worked, then stopped working. Then a Windows 7 update fixed it. I was able to start learning PTLE and layed down several tracks and used the new plug-ins, etc.
4. Since I had success with the update from Windows 7, and upon advice from Sweetwater, I updated to the 8.0.4 version.
5. I was able to use this for awhile without problems. Then my audio sounded muddy and I started in with the no sound while running in low latency mode.
6. I called Sweetwater and they told me to do a clean install of PTLE 8.0.4. While I was doing it I decided to upgrade to 64-bit.
7. So, I never did have a system that worked for me to save a copy of.
8. I still don't have a working system and I have a piece of digidesign s*#&t audio interface and heaving pile of crap PTLE.

I am surprised that others have working systems and am so disappointed that mine doesn't work. I spent too much money for me to just write this off. I had a complimentary support code that I tried to use today. I called Avid tech support and stayed on the line for 1 hour waiting. They never answered the call and I couldn't wait any longer. I don't know what to do at this point.
raven12u,

The issues you are having are troublesome but, this thread is focused on just one very specific issue, the timing of newly recorded material placed incorrectly. Any other discussion here dilutes the importance of this thread and reduces the chance that you will get the help you need. It would serve you to start your own thread following the suggestions in this thread carefully. Good luck.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.5 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 AM

Well, just consider my post a "bump" to keep this very important thread on the front page.

I reduced the amount of buzz to an acceptable amount by putting my keyboard inputs back into the AUX inputs on the back of the Mbox2 Pro. I tried using the DI inputs on the front because someone in this very important post said they didn't have any latency with their stuff plugged into there.

So now, my main issue is the one that this very important post is spotlighting.

Since I can't seem to get in touch with Avid for tech support on the phone with my one complimentary support code, I am looking to this forum for help. Now they are charging $40 for a support code for PT.

I will follow the optimization list and try not to mess it up, but the ball is in Avid's court. I don't think my posting my frustrations and details of how long I've been waiting for a fix is in any way reducing the importance of this very important post.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 AM

7 Weeks.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 AM

I'm bumping this again. Let me know if this gets annoying, but I feel like it's not appropriate to let this thread fall several pages from the front page when we're all still waiting for an appropriate fix from Avid.