Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-12-2000, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Bombfactory challenge answer?

Can't afford to buy them yet but the BF compressors are definitely on my list. I don't know spit from shinola about compressors but got great results from simple trial and error right off the bat. As soon as I find the right mic for my acoustic I'll ante up.

Bob
Old 12-12-2000, 04:51 PM

Armando,

I'm amazed the compressor plugs did nothing for you. These are easily the fattest compressor plug-ins I've ever heard. Put them on a drum aux, solo it, and play with the levels. If you can't hear a difference maybe there's something wrong with your speakers!

But they are massive DSP hogs. Try McDSP as a more streamlined alternative if dsp is an issue.

Old 12-12-2000, 05:56 PM

plug in's package? is there such a thing?
Old 12-12-2000, 06:08 PM

sidereal, I'm monitoring through a pair of HR824s and as I said earlier, I got zero satisfaction from either one. I tried them on vocals, elec. gtrs. and stereo drums. Nothing I thought it would be. I wound up just trashing them as they expire tonight. I think I'll try a Distressor instead. As for Eric9v if you go to Bomb Factory's website, you can download the trial plugs-ins. Just beware as they are extremely power hungry and I'm using a G4 500.
Old 12-12-2000, 06:30 PM

I emailed the guys at BF a few weeks ago and told them to hurry and finish the new wave of plug-ins. They replied that they should have them done by the time we find out who our next president is. Christ, that could go on for ever!!

haze
Old 12-12-2000, 07:35 PM

US Supreme Court rules 5-4 in favor of the Bush-meister.......See ya Al!
Old 12-13-2000, 12:44 AM

Maybe Erik is just a paranoid delusional freak too.

Old 12-14-2000, 12:33 AM

Well, i guess Eric is concerned (rightly so) about non-customers. But, when there is a chance to address customers (i own the Voce Spin), he's a no show?? What gives BF??

haze
www.johnhaze.com
Old 12-15-2000, 05:31 AM

I sent a private email to 'haze' but received no response as to what he was talking about.

We typically don't post on any boards or mailing lists because things tend to get out of hand quickly. People say things they'd never think to say if they were face to face.

That's already starting to happen here, so we won't be commenting any further on this thread.

To get information from us online:

info@bombfactory.com for product info

support@bombfactory.com for tech support for registered customers (register online instantly if you haven't already)
www.bombfactory.com to buy stuff or get emergency auths instantly

Quick note to latenights: the BF Essential Click Track is $99. I'm sorry if you can't afford it, but we certainly can't afford to design, make and test a product any cheaper.

Best,
--Erik
Old 12-15-2000, 02:43 PM

Talk about defamatory statements!

"Perhaps you understand how someone could get the impression that you may be a thief?"

The only thief is Bombfactory. The American gov't wants easily breakable encription so they can access anybody's computer. If you want software that can't be stolen, why don't you speak to them.

Anybody can make software that is a system hog. The trick is to make software that sounds very good and doesn't hog all the CPU.

BTW: If you only get 10 calls a week (whatever), then you must not have that much business. I've heard your customer service department chooses a customer for "******* of the Month". I'd be honored to be your ******* of the month, without purchasing any product. I never expect to buy a Bombfactory product, not when Waves makes reasonably priced product that would allow me to run another program at the same time (and I would say that to your face).