Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE to HD upgrade special: Open discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
We've been breaking the artificial track and buss limit for years in PT LE with many workarounds. If you want to break the track limit, use a ReWired app like REAPER, LIVE, Props RECORD etc and ReWire audio tracks into Aux tracks in PT. Instantiate your plug-ins on the Aux track just as you would using and Audio track.

If you need more busses and use a 002/003 etc, take patch cables and route the outputs back into the inputs on all 16 I/O(ADAT 8 I/O box needed). hen go to your buses in PT and use "hardware" instead of the internal busses. There are many workarounds for a lot of these so called "limits" in PT LE.

Shane
Ah, thanks for those tips, sir!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:50 AM

Cool Re: Pro Tools LE to HD upgrade special: Open discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Before you can justify a question like this you would need to see the following markers:

High-level executives jumping ship and leaving the company.

An uncharacteristic tightening of the corporate belt.

A sharp decline in sales of the flagship products evidenced by fire sale tactics

Requests for Features and improvements not being implemented quickly or at all.

Rampant dissatisfaction among the most loyal segment of the customer base.

An unwillingness to candidly communicate with that concerned customer base.

Only then could you pose such a question about our situation.
Oh, my f'en stars !!! LMFAO !!! Thanks Tom !!!

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic
Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Before you can justify a question like this you would need to see the following markers:

High-level executives jumping ship and leaving the company.

An uncharacteristic tightening of the corporate belt.

A sharp decline in sales of the flagship products evidenced by fire sale tactics

Requests for Features and improvements not being implemented quickly or at all.

Rampant dissatisfaction among the most loyal segment of the customer base.

An unwillingness to candidly communicate with that concerned customer base.

Only then could you pose such a question about our situation.
Sadly, or maybe not...... Tomorrow is my last day with a company I have been with for years. They are MUCH larger than Digi but are having the same issues. Honestly, there were days when what I read in here is what I dealt with at work all day.. Maybe that's why I got so harsh there for awhile.

I was asked to stay, and transfer back to the east coast... but I think I'm ready for something a little more stable right now.. Besides.. I like it here

My (soon-to-be-EX) company won't fold... but they are damaged. Internally they want to deny it all and act as if the same thing is happening to everyone else too... yet, everyone else is still getting orders.. We're getting maybe's and no-thanks!

I watch with utter confusion trying to decide what Digi is up to. Their mid to high-end stuff seems headed to POST work... whilst they are attacking the beginner crowd with PT essential.... (is that what it's called? I haven't even looked).

There are a lot of good folks at Digi still, and I feel for them. A name change, a beginner pack, and a stomp box (no matter how glorified it is).. is NOT what this company needs IMHO.

Pick one thing Digi, and learn to do it well. At least everyone will know where they stand.

Just my opinion, and offered with a tinge of sadness, NOT bitterness.

I REALLY want to see Digi pull it out and do well. Time will tell I suppose.

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:08 AM

Cool Re: Pro Tools LE to HD upgrade special: Open discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Sadly, or maybe not...... Tomorrow is my last day with a company I have been with for years.
Ouch !!! (?)

Hope your OK.

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic
Old 10-22-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo90 View Post
Ah, thanks for those tips, sir!
No prob. I edited my post with a few more details.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-22-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Sadly, or maybe not...... Tomorrow is my last day with a company I have been with for years. They are MUCH larger than Digi but are having the same issues. Honestly, there were days when what I read in here is what I dealt with at work all day.. Maybe that's why I got so harsh there for awhile.
Peace!
Sorry to hear abouit that Danny, I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-22-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankely View Post
Ouch !!! (?)

Hope your OK.
Dude, I'm so blessed! It was my choice all the way.. I just wanna be stressless for awhile... Maybe I should go back to being a fireman again

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Sorry to hear abouit that Danny, I'm sure you'll land on your feet.
TY Tommo! See the above though. I've known about if for awhile now. I just hate big changes sometimes.. Wifey says I'm a bit of a rut-runner... I just say if something works, why break it?

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:44 AM

I don't normally chime in but I had to on this topic. I bought an Mbox about 2 years ago in order to be compatiable with PT. I had Nuendo with a presonus and everything worked great (even on a laptop). I now have PT8.0 as well as Sonar 8. here is the thing, I am limited in PT8 to 48 tracks. Why buy the tool kit to get 64 tracks when I can just use Sonor 8 (which cost the same as the tool kit) and I have unlimited tracks. I recently built an i7 which I have not seen the meter move past 20% with 6 VI's (to include Ivory). Why do I say all this, to show I have way more power than ever. YET........

I still looked at getting an HD system on ebay because I thought I would gain something. Then when PT came out with the exchange program, I almost jumped. UNITL my common sense came back to me. WHY IN THE WORLD would I spend 5 grand for PTHD and a 96 i/o which sounds no better than my firepod? For that price, I could buy a DIGI003 with CPTK and a rosetta 800 (for better ADC). Now tell me that system can't compete with an HD1?

So my point to AVID is I understand you are in business to make money. We are in business to keep money. Most of us do not have a grammy or million dollar budgets. We seldom work in big boy studio's. A wave form is a wave form and all we have to do is drag it over if we go to another platform. Its just that simple. I was around during the Alesis ADAT days. That was the industry standard for YEARS till you came along. Where are they now?

In closing, just open up the track count and make the software the same (no difference between LE or HD). You still have a large enough footprint to make a profit. But I think I speak for us all in that if you don't come with your A++++ game come NAMM.....We are NEVER going to buy HD unless you slash the price to around $3000. It just isn't worth it.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 AM

Smile Re: Pro Tools LE to HD upgrade special: Open discussion

"I was around during the Alesis ADAT days. That was the industry standard for YEARS till you came along. Where are they now?"

Alesis like many companies now serve the prosumer market, because it is lower risk with higher ROI.