Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-06-2008, 07:11 PM
blkdog7 blkdog7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mushroom Kingdom
Posts: 145
Default Is it safe to upgrade to 10.5???

I have been waiting to update to 10.5. Is it safe? Everything is working perfect for me in 10.4. Dare I risk it? I am running PT 7.4 with and Mbox 2.
__________________
The Kill Screens (indie rocktronica)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Slim Shady Slim Shady is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,527
Default Re: Is it safe to upgrade to 10.5???

What do you mean by "safe"? Upgrades always have consequences and take longer than you expect, but there's nothing in 10.5 that's going to fry your hard drive, steal your car at gunpoint, or poison the baby food.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
blkdog7 blkdog7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mushroom Kingdom
Posts: 145
Default Re: Is it safe to upgrade to 10.5???

Is Pro Tools stable? Will I have any issues? It's working sooo well right now. I am scared! It took them so long to support 10.5. I don't trust Digi! :)
__________________
The Kill Screens (indie rocktronica)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM
lwilliam lwilliam is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 5,094
Default Re: Is it safe to upgrade to 10.5???

I'm going to have to start thinking about this myself. Any gotchas or tips?

Is the performance about the same as 10.4?

I know I'll probably have to upgrade most of my 3rd party plugins....sounds like a whole weekend to get stable.
__________________
Larry

PTLE8/002r;OS 10.6.4 2 x 2.26Ghz quadcore,6GB RAM, Waves Platinum, many other plugins...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Slim Shady Slim Shady is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,527
Default Re: Is it safe to upgrade to 10.5???

I can't really comment on performance, as I was forced into a 10.5 upgrade when my G5 died and I had to get a Mac Pro, so I never compared PT on 10.4 vs. 10.5 directly.

I find 7.4.2 on 10.5.5 to be very stable, and most 3rd party plugs have updates available, Native Instruments is the only one I'm personally still waiting on to get releases out. Otherwise 7.4.2 runs as well - if not better - than 7.4 did on my G5 before it died, but keep in mind I've had a major CPU upgrade between those versions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it safe for me to upgrade? maccattack 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 1 06-12-2009 02:55 AM
Safe to upgrade to 10.3.7 when using 6.4 LE on G5? Brennen 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 12-29-2004 06:20 PM
Safe to upgrade to 6,4? thenewnoise Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 0 04-28-2004 02:32 PM
Is it safe to upgrade to 6.2.3? Capi Baigorria 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 6 04-05-2004 01:59 AM
OT: safe CPU upgrade bickele 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 10 10-15-2003 11:09 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com