How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Group Inserts??

Hi all

Ok my new scratch of the head problem. is Im trying to group inserts, i.e Ive guitar Left & Right, and want the same plugin on both inserts. so I dont have to manually adjust each side.

The are grouped. - but when grouping (in mix/edit) - there is no "attributes" like there was in PT8/9..

Is there a new way of doing this.? tried the alt+shift whilst clicking on the inserts, thats fine, but doesnt duplicate it. - just copied the same plugin across to the selected insert but still need to adjust each one manually...

Thanks
A
Old 11-15-2011, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Group Inserts??

well after a few days of searching..

WOW, seems you cant do basic functions in ProTools, to enable you to do this basic function (available in almost every other DAW)- you need to buy the Production toolkit!. that costs 4 times the amount of PT10..

So instead we need to create millions of aux inputs just so we can group the channels together to enable the same effect to be copied on it realtime.. (note the emphisis here is on realtime) im fully aware you can copy the same plugin and its settings.

Ah well!. - thats a might shame, and im now left with anger over Avid for this.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Group Inserts??

2 simple solutions here. 1-set the plugins you want on the first track, adjust as needed, then Alt-drag to the next track(all settings remain the same). 2-route the output of the desired tracks to a stereo bus/AUX track and insert plugins on the AUX. This is always how PT has worked

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave