Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Opening Sessions with Virtual instruments Crashes PT!?

I have been having trouble with PT crashing when I opened a saved session. I hope it's just something I'm doing or not doing anyway I found some midi files from the band NIN and imported into PT in a new session. Now I open a combo of sampletank LE and Xpand to assign the various parts of the file. I get things working in the session with midi and aux as well as just instrument tracks. I save the session everything is fine. When I go to load the session even immediately after PT crashes in the restoring tracks phase. This happens with all midi files I've loaded not just the NIN. I use an intel macbook on oSX 10.4.9 running PT 7.1.1. I can load other sessions no issues and have cleared some third party plugins do I have to clear preferences? Anyone have this issue?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Opening Sessions with Virtual instruments Crashes PT!?

Make sure that all you're plug-ins are Intel compatible and that you have the latest version of Sampletank adn Xpand!.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:02 AM

they're all from the PT LE install disk and sampletank is from the ignition pack. I also saved the session a couple of ways but none off them worked.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:02 AM

But essentially this should work right? Has anyone downloaded a midi composition and loaded it into PT? Because I get the same problem whether its NIN or Hollaback girl. Is there a specific way to save the session, I've copied everything doesn't work tho.

I've pinpointed it down to sampletank LE I believe. When I use it multitimberally it crashes, one instrument is ok but more channels and the whole session won't open.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM

I am having a very similar problem. Sunday I started a new session that included 5 midi tracks routed to Sampletank 2 SE, 2 instrument tracks each using Xpand, and 1 or 2 audio tracks. I bounced a rough mix and closed the session, but then realized I needed to double check something. When I tried to reopen the session, it started pinwheeling on the "restoring tracks" bluebar and I had to force quit Pro Tools. I haven't been able to get back in to the session since.

My midi tracks were not imported, I recorded them in the session. I have imported midi tracks before without any problem.

I suspect SampleTank or the combination of SampleTank and Xpand. I need to do some more sleuthing. I made a test session with just one midi track routed to SampleTank and had no problems reopening the session. I'll try with two or more midi tracks as you say and see what happens.

Eric

Digi002 Rack
PTLE 7.1.1
Intel iMac dual 2.0 Ghz
2 GB ram
PPA Oxford 911 250gb fw drive

Digi002 Rack
PTLE 7.1.1
iMac 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo
OSX 10.4.8
2 GB Ram
PPA Oxford 911 250GB Fw drive
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Alright then:
In a test session two midi tracks were assigned to SampleTank 2 SE channels 1 and 2, and the session won't reopen after save and close. So it seems that when trying to open a session with more than one midi channel routed to SampleTank 2 SE, Pro Tools locks up during the restoring tracks phase.

Is there anyway to recover my session? The automatic backups also freeze up.

Has anyone NOT had this problem with SampleTank 2 SE and PTLE 7.1.1?

Eric

Digi002 Rack
PTLE 7.1.1
OSX 10.4.8
2 GB Ram
Old 04-24-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
they're all from the PT LE install disk and sampletank is from the ignition pack. I also saved the session a couple of ways but none off them worked.
I hope they are all now working but just because they are all from the install CD doesn't mean they are current. Make sure you have the current plugs installed…

peace
Old 04-24-2007, 09:39 PM

My version of SampleTank 2 SE is 2.1.2, which is the version available from the Intel Mac 7.1.1 plug-in updates page. The compatibility chart says it should be version 2.2, but I think that is for the full version of SampleTank 2.

Eric

Digi002 Rack
PTLE 7.1.1
OSX 10.4.8
2 GB Ram
Old 06-24-2007, 07:24 PM

i have a similar problem but not with sampletank but reason
three of my sessions hangs pro tools while "Restoring tracks..."
the others works just fine
Old 06-24-2007, 07:48 PM

I've found the answer to my problem

I've move the files WaveShell-DAE 5.0.3.dpm.rsr and WaveShell-DAE 5.0.3.dpm off the directory C:\Program files\Common files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-ins\
I've removed the plug-in of wav (L1 Ultramaximizer for this case) and then close PT and open again with the WaveShell in his original place
voila!

I think a program changed my regional properties become comma (,) by decimal point and I've saved my sessions with this settings