Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 Students

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceK View Post
So is a student version considered the same as academic version? A bunch of lecturers at SAE Institute recently bought PT9 and were told by the store we weren't able to get a free upgrade. Is this true Avid? I hope not as we are the ones that teach students how to use it.
They are different. Only students qualify for free upgrades.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:16 AM

Digi Tech Support,

Would you be able to check on the progress of case no or know where to direct my enquiry as to who can.

Your Case has been successfully logged. Case Number: '01773322'

So far...

I have spoken to an Avid rep from a different dept who tried to help but disappeared. They had forwarded my details to the Local Avid rep but no response. I KNOW it was sent because they named the person and their title which i will post here if need be and i really doubt internal mail gets caught in any spam filters.

Spoke to my dealer whom i bought the upgrade off who tried to contact Avid but had no success whether they got through or not i am unsure.

Spent ages trying to find any contact details on Avid site for customer support and also local details for my country. Nothing. Not a single thing. Crazy.

Submitted proof of purchase and an explanation via the web link you posted a few pages ago (the only avenue of address here so thankyou for at least trying to help DTS!) but it has been nearly two weeks and not even acknowledgement other than the case is registered.

It seems like the only way to get anything done is to create a thread and scream Avid is the devil before anything gets done. I have just been humbly trying to get this sorted and have just got nowhere. All i want to do is start using this software and it requires a code to be sent and an internal database to be modified.

Anyway i will leave it here and hope you can help please PM of email me if you can and like everyone else here we appreciate you trying to help so i can wait a bit longer. I just want to get started and avoid my avid is the devil thread eh?

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:05 AM

I'm going to buy PT 10 student version, and would like to know if i can install it on two computers with one license?

Thank you
Old 11-24-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spul View Post
I'm going to buy PT 10 student version, and would like to know if i can install it on two computers with one license?

Thank you
The license is attached to your iLok, not the computer, so you can install it on as many computers as you'd like, but you can only run it on one system at a time.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nights007 View Post
Digi Tech Support,

Would you be able to check on the progress of case no or know where to direct my enquiry as to who can.

Your Case has been successfully logged. Case Number: '01773322'

So far...

I have spoken to an Avid rep from a different dept who tried to help but disappeared. They had forwarded my details to the Local Avid rep but no response. I KNOW it was sent because they named the person and their title which i will post here if need be and i really doubt internal mail gets caught in any spam filters.

Spoke to my dealer whom i bought the upgrade off who tried to contact Avid but had no success whether they got through or not i am unsure.

Spent ages trying to find any contact details on Avid site for customer support and also local details for my country. Nothing. Not a single thing. Crazy.

Submitted proof of purchase and an explanation via the web link you posted a few pages ago (the only avenue of address here so thankyou for at least trying to help DTS!) but it has been nearly two weeks and not even acknowledgement other than the case is registered.

It seems like the only way to get anything done is to create a thread and scream Avid is the devil before anything gets done. I have just been humbly trying to get this sorted and have just got nowhere. All i want to do is start using this software and it requires a code to be sent and an internal database to be modified.

Anyway i will leave it here and hope you can help please PM of email me if you can and like everyone else here we appreciate you trying to help so i can wait a bit longer. I just want to get started and avoid my avid is the devil thread eh?

Thanks!

Thank you for all your help Avid.

If your business strategy is to piss people off with continued arrogance and stupidity please count me as another satisfied customer (you seem to have a few around here lately).
Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Cool Re: Pro Tools 10 Students

From what I understand depending on which A/D interface you own.

I use the original M-Box at home with PT7.1 . I wanted to upgrade to 10 and found that I am excluded form the $125.00 student cross grade upgrade. $295.00 is the price and hopefully I will be eligible for the free upgrades that everyone else is getting. I think that gouging STUDENTS THAT HAVE BEEN UPGRADING ALL ALONG IS NOT RIGHT, I GUESS I'M LUCKY I SKIPPED 8 AND 9. I UPGRADED SIBELIUS AND THEN A FEW MONTHS LATER THEY OFFERED THE FREE UPGRADE LIKE THEIR DOING WITH PT. I MISSED IT BY A FEW MONTHS.

I PASSED MY EXAMS AND NOW AM CERTIFIED AS A PT HD9 OPERATOR
THEY PROMISED A HAT AND SHIRT TO ME UPON PASSING MY TESTS
TO DATE I HAVE RECEIVED NO HAT NO SHIRT
HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS
I HAVE WRITTEN THE POWERS THAT B AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK AND ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THEY OWED ME A SHIRT AND HAT. BUT NO CLOTHING YET!!!! NOW WE ARE INTO BUILD 10 AND STILL NO SHIRT
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay.blues.man View Post
I HAVE WRITTEN THE POWERS THAT B AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK AND ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THEY OWED ME A SHIRT AND HAT. BUT NO CLOTHING YET!!!! NOW WE ARE INTO BUILD 10 AND STILL NO SHIRT
It's a short OR hat and good luck. They might be ending those.

theDAWstudio.com
What Is A DAW?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nights007 View Post
The irony is i could either contact or post on a warez / torrent site and get more help
Yikes
Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numi View Post
Yikes
Yep I am that pissed i went there... no one is listening which was part of the point of doing so eh?

Merry Christmas Avid.

I hope that gets that guy his shirt.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:21 PM

For what its worth I got my free upgrade and my student edition of PT9 had a sucker that said student edition. On the shrink wrap and below that it said 4 years a free upgrades.I mentioned piracy in a Logic thread because it was off topic and needed to be closed, please don't break the rules and get this thread closed when it is very much on topic.