Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2000, 06:49 PM

Default Vst, reality, acid and separate exits

I just bought the digi001 and I admit i'm a rookie...it seems cool but it has some major weirdness...did anyone managed to have separate exits on vst or acid? the wavedriver given on the protools cd says it's a "two channel" driver; could i be able to use just two channels on non-pro tools programs? that would be a major waste of money and time! Did anyone managed to get seer systems reality work on digi001 too? plz let me know asap; oh and btw, for the guys at digidesign, if you have new drivers, let ppl know...it's a great audio card for non-millionaire ppl, but it would be less useful if i could use just pro tools....thanx in advance, y'all....

Koiichi
Old 09-06-2000, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Vst, reality, acid and separate exits

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Koiichi:
I just bought the digi001 and I admit i'm a rookie...it seems cool but it has some major weirdness...did anyone managed to have separate exits on vst or acid? the wavedriver given on the protools cd says it's a "two channel" driver; could i be able to use just two channels on non-pro tools programs? that would be a major waste of money and time! Did anyone managed to get seer systems reality work on digi001 too? plz let me know asap; oh and btw, for the guys at digidesign, if you have new drivers, let ppl know...it's a great audio card for non-millionaire ppl, but it would be less useful if i could use just pro tools....thanx in advance, y'all....

Koiichi
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hello
Tjek out the posts for Logic, and the post for using 001 and APS.
The wave-driver is only 2-ch.

Old 09-07-2000, 01:27 PM

Koiichi,

That's right, there is no multi-I/O support for other applications. There's also no AISO or Direct X support. There are lots of complaints in the forums about the wavedrivers too.

I was going to buy DIGI 001 today from zzounds.com (where it is $799), but unless I can use all channels for my other programs and DX plugs, I will not buy it.

Why doesn't Digi plan to address these issues? I really wanted to buy this package.
Old 09-07-2000, 01:42 PM

Get Logic 4.5 and you will have all of the above...Works like charm here....

Yaavuz AKYAZICI
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz