Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 04-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Requests

1. option to press ENTER after duplicating a track. On my D-command, I can initiate a duplicate track command but I still have to go to the mac keyboard to press enter.

2. when writing touch automation on a track that is focused, if I have my finger on the track that is focused (not the #8 fader though) and then at the same time touch also the (#8 focuse fader) the system should know that I want to keep writing the focused fader but when I release my finger off the original track, it stops writing touch automation. The faders don't stay locked together per se. (I hava a hard time explaining this one...sorry)

mike
Old 04-04-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Requests

Mike,

Option to press Enter or Escape on ICON after duplicating a track:
This issue has been addressed and the fix will be in coming ProTools release.

Writing automation using two faders assigned to the same track:
The reason for current behavior is all faders within one ICON Ethernet unit have the same touch ID. As a result, it is not possible to continue writing automation on the same PT track by touching a different fader assigned to the same track without having to re-touch the fader. If these two faders you are writing automation on reside on different ICON units (i.e. one on Main and another on a fader pack on D-Command, or two different fader packs on D-Control), you can write automation continuously, without having to re-touch second fader.
This is a known issue and it is addressable. I don’t have information about when this will be fixed.

Many thanks for your requests,

Konstantine.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:52 PM

Hi Konstatine,

thanks for the insight. The automation issue, I really feel that it is important to consider changing the behavior. Since receiving the D-command I have on several occasions wished to switch hands and bank scroll to write more automation on different tracks; all in one pass.

A NEW REQUEST...

when trying to adjust the Bombfactory 670 Fairchild plugin, the shift button on the D-command doesn't function in the same way as it does on the keyboard (ie. I can't change values for both channels simultaneously).

thanks

Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 03:52 PM

It’s a current design limitation and it’s always been this way – you cannot use Shift key (on a fader pack or on a keyboard) while adjusting controls on a stereo plug-in from a console, you’d have to use mouse. This applies to all stereo plug-ins and this is a behavior on all control surfaces, not just on ICON. Changes in plug-ins’ architecture would have to be made to address this issue.

Thanks again for your requests.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:40 AM

That is a real bummer for people who are trying to get rid of the mouse. How about making the Fairchild plugin default to the "one control affects the other" type? Would that work? Who does that, bombfactory or digi?

mike

"trying to get away from the mouse and keyboard"
Old 05-07-2006, 09:30 PM

This problem does not occur with multi-mono plugins If I am understanding you correctly.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:57 AM

I would REALLY like to see a mod key to have a numerical pad possibly made from pot or even fader. I really can't believe that the Control 24 and Pro Control both have keypads but the D-Commands were not built with one integrated.

Any comments Digi? I could sleep better at night knowing this was going to be taken care of!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:41 AM

I would like to see this also.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:59 AM

Hi Jonathan,

The behavior is the same regardless of dual mono or stereo.

PTGuy, I would love that too!

Mike